Desk Exercise

Options
I work in a call center where our desks are extremely close. I use a resistance bands at my desk as I can, but am limited to what I can do. What desk exercises would you recommend for toning while I sit all day?

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I tie weights to my fingers for when I type.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Take a dumbbell with you at work. Exercise one arm while typing with other, hehe. You can do bicep curls, shoulder rises, tricep extensions over head like that. For more than that you will need to get off the chair tho...
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Chair dips
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    lol! I was just figuring this out for myself the other day! I take a bag (or you can use your purse) I have to carry my work stuff in and add some weight to it from whatever I have lying around and use that for arm curls and the like. I do butt squezes (my own butt :p), and whenever I go to the bathroom I do push-ups against the sink and squats. is there a way to go to a further bathroom and use the stairs? otherwise leg raises at the desk would work great! And I am not sure how effective they are, but I also "flex" what pathetic excuse I have for abs periodically to hopefully help that area out :p

I hope this works for you!

Good luck to everyone in their continued fitness goals!
  • zoeybleepbloop
    zoeybleepbloop Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I made a standing desk at work- I just put my monitor and keyboard up on a little shelf. I can still sit down if I need to, but my monitors are kind of high- so I only sit for half an hour or so at a time at the most. It's probably not good for your neck to look up like that, FYI, but that's more motivation to keep standing. Wear comfy shoes. And generally I don't just stand there either- that's supposedly bad for your feet and knees and what-not- so I put on some awesome 80's hits and kind of bounce from leg to leg- it's *almost* fun! I also can just invent little exercises while I'm standing- squeezing glutes, a few wall-pushups here and there, as long as I'm moving or shifting weight from leg-to leg, I don't tire really. If you just stand there motionless all day, that's when your legs and feet start kinda hurting.

I used to sit on a yoga ball and bounce around a bit, but I fell off one day and decided that wasn't for me. :)
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My job as an Air Traffic Controller really gets me bored. If I’m not napping on the job I like to Jog around the tower or do some pushups under my terminal. The occasional “close call” certainly gets the adrenaline flowing and I find jumping jacks work well to calm things down.:wink:
  • zoeybleepbloop
    zoeybleepbloop Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My job as an Air Traffic Controller really gets me bored. If I’m not napping on the job I like to Jog around the tower or do some pushups under my terminal. The occasional “close call” certainly gets the adrenaline flowing and I find jumping jacks work well to calm things down.:wink:

The words "napping" and "close call" will have me sweating bullets as I board my next plane. Thanks for that! ;)
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

The words "napping" and "close call" will have me sweating bullets as I board my next plane. Thanks for that! ;)

Yep- some things we just DO NOT need to know lol!!