Options
    Bump
  • Jennlc033
    Jennlc033 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fatbitt
    Options
    http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/healthy-chipotle-chicken-sweet-potato-skins/

This is sooo good, it's sweet potato skins with chipotle chicken and spinach on top. You aren't using the whole sweet potato and you dont need nearly as much cheese as they suggest, also when we made them we used the canned chicken in water for a quick recipe while cooking the potatoes in the microwave. It's a quick meal that is so flavorful, easily under 500 cals for two skins and super easy!

Enjoy!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon dried thyme
    1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon ground black pepper
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

In a medium bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper. Set aside about 3 tablespoons of this seasoning mixture for the chicken; store the remainder in an airtight container for later use (for seasoning fish, meats, or vegetables).

Preheat grill, or broiler, for medium-high heat. Rub some of the reserved 3 tablespoons of seasoning onto both sides of the chicken breasts.

Lightly oil the grill grate, or broiler pan. Place chicken on the grill or broiler pan, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I roast leg quarters with lemon and rosemary -- cover with foil for the majority of cooking time, uncover for the last 10 minutes to get a crisp skin. It's simple, but delicious and versatile (for instance, tonight I'm reheating one of the quarters in the oven with thick-sliced portabella mushrooms and fresh thyme).

Another tasty, easy way to dress up chicken is by slow-cooking it on a bed of onions for 8 hours or so with a drizzle of honey, loads of garam masala, and about 1/3 cup extremely dark beer. Sweet potato chunks are a good addition here, too.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have chicken.

Bake your chicken breast with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.

Then... wait for it...

Put them in your food processor and once they are shredded add

- Mayo, I like the real stuff or you could use light, or greek yogurt.
    - Chopped walnuts
    - Diced Onion
    - Diced Celery
    - Halved seedless red grapes
    - Diced Green Apple
    - Dash of nutmeg

(Measurements vary depending on the amount of chicken you are making.)

Bam! Chicken Salad, nom nom nom.
  • loveisblind1
    Options
    Delicious Greek Style Lemon Chicken: http://greekfood.about.com/od/poultrydishes/r/kotopouloskorth.htm

For something different, an easy Chinese chicken and mushrooms: (Moo Goo Gai Pan): http://redcook.net/2010/05/26/moo-goo-gai-pan/

Chinese Mushroom, Chicken, and Zuchinni recipe: http://rasamalaysia.com/mushroom-chicken/
  • marketing13
    Options
    Hi - Do you mind sharing the taco seasoning recipe???
    Throw a couple of frozen boneless skinless breasts or thighs in the Crock-Pot. (I didn't even thaw them out) Add a can of Ro-Tel Hot, a can or two of beans (I like black beans) and a can or two of corn (I always use reduced sodium canned stuff). Sprinkle with taco seasoning (I make my own w/o salt) and turn on low. Go to work, come home later and voila! You can drain the liquid and make burritos or just scoop into a bowl and top with sour cream or chopped avocado. The batch I made on Sunday was light on the chicken and heavy on the corn and beans, 206 calories per one cup serving.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump cause I can always use more inspiration for yes, chicken...again!!
  • marketing13
    Options
    So many great ideas here. I eat chicken all the time.

Honey mustard chicken - 2 tbsp. newman's honey mustard dressing, texas pete or franks to taste, slather on bake till done. I serve with my "creamed hot spinach" - box frozen spinach thawed 2 wedges laughing cow cheese (pick your flavor) banana pepper rings from jar plus a little juice, texas pete, mortan's roasted garlic salt all mixed together then cook till heated (or nuke if you want).

super easy greek chicken - package gia russo greek salad (publix has in deli area near hummas), thawed spnach chicken breasts cut into strips- mix together, put in baking dish, 20 mins 400 degrees, super is served.

spinach chicken roll ups - thawed frozen spinach, laughing cow original wedges plus spices, thin chicken cutlets (or pound your own breast) fill and roll, bake till done.

A1 is also great on chicken. I like to marinate in Italian dressing first, then brush on A1, top with ham and cheese. It's like a chicken cordon blu.
  • cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    we love this and with any left over its good to make chicken enchiladas with the next day.
  • cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ok that didn't work the ay I thought......was in response to the salsa chicken
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    love all these recipe ideas :)