Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favorite no cal foods??

Replies

• andreaheileman
    andreaheileman Posts: 48 Member
    Mustard? :flowerforyou:
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Mustard? :flowerforyou:

I'll pass on the gas.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    There aren't any no calorie foods. The whole deal about a food using more calories to digest than what is contains is a myth. There are some very low calorie foods like iceberg lettuce and celery but they still contain calories.

what about pickles that say no calories? I wondered about it because it has 2 carbs. I saw what I wanted (0 calories) and didn't dig deeper.

What a bummer thought I could eat all the pickles I wanted!

FDA allows the labeling of these 'free food' products to advertise as 0 calories per serving

N7. When the caloric value for a serving of a food is less than 5 calories, can the actual caloric value be declared?

Answer: The caloric value of a product containing less than 5 calories may be expressed as zero or to the nearest 5 calorie increment (i.e., zero or 5 depending on the level). Foods with less than 5 calories meet the definition of “calorie free” and any differences are dietarily insignificant. 21 CFR 101.9(c)(1)

source: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/LabelingNutrition/ucm064894.htm
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    There aren't any no calorie foods. The whole deal about a food using more calories to digest than what is contains is a myth. There are some very low calorie foods like iceberg lettuce and celery but they still contain calories.

what about pickles that say no calories? I wondered about it because it has 2 carbs. I saw what I wanted (0 calories) and didn't dig deeper.

Per a single serving....they can say 0 calories if it's less than 5 calories per serving. Ultimately it is very low cal, but it's not zerro cal ultimately. And if you ate an entire jar of pickles you would be consuming more than just a negligible number of calories. Just one of the ways that labels can be misleading.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    A single plum floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Diet Coke.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    beer...

I wish ... :drinker:
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Walden farms?
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    A frozen grape?
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Chocolate cake.

Gluten-free, of course! Because the Bad Calories are in the wheat.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    A whiff of bacon.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Air or ice. Everything else has calories.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Cough drops... Like I'm sick can't there be no calories in cough drops? ~sighs and logs~

Haha, I did this today. I'm tired of clearing my throat, but I don't want to log the 15 calories for a Halls cough drop! Grrr!!! :mad:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    A single plum floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

Angelo-single_plum_perfume_hat.jpg
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream with a Tastykake Junior.

I'm sorry, what was the question again?
  • Tic Tacs... well, it's 2 calories each but who's counting? :D
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Chocolate cake.

Gluten-free, of course! Because the Bad Calories are in the wheat.

Love it!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Cough drops... Like I'm sick can't there be no calories in cough drops? ~sighs and logs~

One of the biggest bummers when I first started logging my food and got a sore throat and I noticed the cough drops I needed every 10 min were 6 calories each!!
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Styrofoam peanuts. Toilet paper. Oh, wait...
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Hot Sauce!! lots of sodium though, so I try to use sparingly. Or I use sirracha which only has 5 cals and much less sodium