I'm starting to shape up but I don't know where to start.

Options
I'm a 19 year old male, a full-time student. My diet are basically tuna, eggs, chicken, bread/rice. I weigh 59 kg and am 172 cm tall.

I really want a good shape for my body and because I have body issues. I'm embarrassed if I have to take off my shirt out in front of my friends. My self-confidence is very low. I think by getting my body in shape, I'll gain more confidence.

I'm getting started to it but I don't know what to do. Should I lose my belly mass because I think it's ugly. Or some say I should gain weight. I do not want to gain weight. Help, maybe? Here, my photo:

http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/JadHusin/media/Mobile Uploads/PhotoGrid_1384491926126-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Replies

• hoppyfrog7777
    Options
    With the subject of weight and fitness you should always keep in mind that whatever you do or don't do, you should do if for yourself!

As far as Height and Weight (using the BMI calculator) you are in the normal / healthy weight range.

Try not to see and changes to your eating / meals not as a diet but as a healthy lifestyle change, that way then you wont always feel like you are missing out on the good things in life.

Some tips I could suggest to get a little more healthier on the inside!
    1. Try to cut back or wean yourself off sugary carbonated soft drinks or energy drinks! (These have lots of sugar and caffeine which are not good for your body)
    2. Drinking more water will flush a lot toxics in your body out that you don't need nutritionally to survive and thrive.
    3. Drinking water is not expensive like a lot of soft and energy drinks are.
    4. Smoking should either be completely eliminated.
    5. Drinking alcohol should either be completely eliminated or only in moderation.

Once some of these things are taken care of or looked at then that will help your in future to stick to any dietary changes you want to make!
  • IzadHusin
    Options
    With the subject of weight and fitness you should always keep in mind that whatever you do or don't do, you should do if for yourself!

As far as Height and Weight (using the BMI calculator) you are in the normal / healthy weight range.

Try not to see and changes to your eating / meals not as a diet but as a healthy lifestyle change, that way then you wont always feel like you are missing out on the good things in life.

Some tips I could suggest to get a little more healthier on the inside!
    1. Try to cut back or wean yourself off sugary carbonated soft drinks or energy drinks! (These have lots of sugar and caffeine which are not good for your body)
    2. Drinking more water will flush a lot toxics in your body out that you don't need nutritionally to survive and thrive.
    3. Drinking water is not expensive like a lot of soft and energy drinks are.
    4. Smoking should either be completely eliminated.
    5. Drinking alcohol should either be completely eliminated or only in moderation.

Once some of these things are taken care of or looked at then that will help your in future to stick to any dietary changes you want to make!

Thanks for the reply. I don't take soft drinks or alcohol. I also never smoke. Not even once :D
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Basing of the photo; I would probably not so much work on losing it but I would rather work on toning it. You are in no way fat but I think you could definitely benefit from doing more strength training exercises which will give you a really nice look which you can be proud of!