The produce section and a camera....

Down 25 lbs since July 27th. Sometimes I just don't see it...not sure if you can in the photos. But I decided to hop over to the store and take a celebratory picture to remind myself that 25 pounds (as pictured in carrots) is quite a lot. It was kinda heavy holding up those bad boys! Hoping to lose another couple bags and then some ;)

2ed5g7p.jpg

16gl84j.jpg

Replies

• G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Fantastic loss, keep it up you will be there in no time!!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Love it :) After I lost about 30 lbs I was feeling discouraged and did something similar at the grocery store I stacked 30 lbs of butter in my cart and then had to put it back on the shelf, it really opens your eyes
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I can. That's a great way to gain perspective. Congrats!!!
  • madlab7
    madlab7 Posts: 24 Member
    I am all the time comparing what I have lost (minimal compared to most on here) to every day items. It is kinda fascinating when you think about it. Congrats!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Love it :) After I lost about 30 lbs I was feeling discouraged and did something similar at the grocery store I stacked 30 lbs of butter in my cart and then had to put it back on the shelf, it really opens your eyes

I had thought about stacking butter ( the whole-fat to fat comparison) but didn't want to get more funny looks with pulling them all off the shelf lol.
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Great job girl!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    You look fantastic! What a fun way to remind yourself too. Now imagine carrying those carrots around all the time. That's where you started. So happy for you :flowerforyou:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    I can definitely see the difference, and it's pretty dramatic. I think you're on the right track, and you should feel great about what you've accomplished so far. :flowerforyou:
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Great job. I remember piggybacking a friends 50 pound kid when I lost 50. I just couldn't fathom how I walked around with 50 pounds on me. I could barely piggyback that kid.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    I can definitely see a difference! Way to go!

I had similar feelings when looking at my progress and weight loss. It just.. didn't feel like I'd accomplished that much. I was stuck in this horrible mindset. Then I picked up a 10lbs weight and it hit me; I was carrying two of these on my body. It really is an eye opener!
  • AcidWords21
    AcidWords21 Posts: 139 Member
    Well done! Well done! :) You can see the difference and keep up all the hard work. :)
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    I love this. Great reminder and inspiration to keep at it.
  • myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26
    I see it! Don't quit!
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    I was kinda in the same boat like you for awhile. My problem was my cloths! They didn't show off my achievements because I was wearing the same clothing I was when I was bigger. Maybe go shopping for a couple of items, nothing too extreme - maybe a new top and bottom. It really helps!

And yes there is a noticeable difference! Great job!
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Cute idea. You look great!
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Lovely! Congratulations! That's a lot of carrots to misplace. Let's both go for some more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!