What is your biggest fitness pet peeve?

Options
BonnieandClyde29
BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
Doesn't have to be gym etiquette unless you want it to be, lol

Mine for example is when a friend of mine will be eating a burger or taco bell, and say, well it's healthy because there is lettuce on it!

And I don't hate just for that it's one thing if you're joking, but only when people are dead *kitten* serious about it, I'm like really? Nooo...

Replies

• mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Mine is when people act like Taco Bell is the devil :grumble:
    Taco Bell is delicious, and helps me hit my macros at least once a week. Healthy enough for me!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It's a hard one deciding between 2 for me.

Either people thinking you have to cut out whole food groups, or certain foods, for good if you want to lose weight. Is it any wonder so many people don't stick to "diets"?

or..

People who think lifting weights will turn them into the hulk in terms of muscle :noway:
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is delicious, and helps me hit my macros at least once a week. Healthy enough for me!
    I'm getting their new wrap in a few hours O.O
    That thing was DELICIOUS!!!
  • Naturalhiker
    Options
    For me its when I am at the gym and idiots think its a DJ booth their damn headphones are often bigger than Princess Leia buns on side of her damn head in Star Wars. Your there to workout yes look presentable to others but christ you dont need $250 headphone for the gym! Another is at least for the mens locker room, if some of us choose to actually shower and be clean after our workout and we happen to be naked going to and from the shower stall to our locker stop looking at us like were creepy or perverted for being omg naked get the *kitten* over it!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ppl who "really want to lose weight" but in the same sentence say, I can't cause I'm so tired all the time! Or the ones who complain that "they are fat" then grab a mcgreasy burger and say, "Ive cut back, I only eat these 4 times a week now! Lol.. yup I know a girl who does both!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm getting their new wrap in a few hours O.O
    That thing was DELICIOUS!!!

It's one of the very few places that I never know what I'm going to get when I go there. So many delicious options! Most places I have one or two items that I choose between every time and that's it.

Seriously though: I think mine would be that people think they have to eat like birds in order to lose weight. I used to be like this, so I get it, but it's frustrating. I for one, don't plan on giving up all my favorite foods and places to eat <Taco Bell> so why would you think it's sustainable to cut them out altogether while losing?
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    For me its when I am at the gym and idiots think its a DJ booth their damn headphones are often bigger than Princess Leia buns on side of her damn head in Star Wars. Your there to workout yes look presentable to others but christ you dont need $250 headphone for the gym! Another is at least for the mens locker room, if some of us choose to actually shower and be clean after our workout and we happen to be naked going to and from the shower stall to our locker stop looking at us like were creepy or perverted for being omg naked get the *kitten* over it!

I have the beats headphones I couldn't imagine working out in them they are huge but they make good sound.

I don't go to gyms because I hate when people use the machines and don't whipe them down after.
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    everyone at the gym annoys me. Not re-racking weights, talking loudly on their phones, sitting on the machines and texting for 20 minutes, grunting, and not wiping down machines. I don't think those things would bother me, except it's all common courtesy.

Cannot wait til I can have a home gym all to myself...and my boyfriend, but he knows the rules!
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oh wait I need to add one that is MFP relate:

People who think that everything in their life, BESIDES overeating and a sedentary lifestyle, is causing them to gain weight.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    When people don't flush or when they leave marks everywhere in the cubicle -_- in the gym HAHA

And when people asks for motivation but when you say the magic word that starts with an E they say "I know this ___ diet that really works, I'll do that instead"
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    guys who lift, but don't tie their shoes. drives me nuts for some reason and once i see the shoes are untied, i no longer take you seriously.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    People who think (when they have no legit health issue) fat/dairy/wheat/carbs/processed food/sugar/artificial sweetners...etc, are evil.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    guys who lift, but don't tie their shoes. drives me nuts for some reason and once i see the shoes are untied, i no longer take you seriously.

...but, they need to leave space for when their foot muscles expand 15x their normal size during the crunch! </sarcasm>
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    "I am on a diet!"
    *Proceeds to eat deep-fried, fatty, calories dense foods for breakfast*
  • BlakeMotivation
    BlakeMotivation Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My list...

texting at the gym...
    floating along "doing cardio" at about a 2% effort level...
    not putting weights away...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    IIFYM'ers...

...these people go around eating foods they like, enjoying life, losing weight, getting fit, and being happy at the same time.

WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?!?!

they are most definitely doing it wrong. losing weight is supposed to be painful punishment for getting fat in the first place.

:angry:

#paleo4life
    #cleanisdabomb
    #deprivationcleansesyoursoul
    #smugcleaneater4ever
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    People who tell others who are struggling that they aren't losing weight because they need to eat *more*.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Mine is when people say they have no time. Hello, i have the same 24 hours that you have and i make time. Excuses just piss me off.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    People who tell others who are struggling that they aren't losing weight because they need to eat *more*.

Can I get a hallelujah?! Lol
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

I do have to laugh when i see ppl wearing those big headphones. However, i do pay $100 plus for the ones i wear but they are the in ear kind.