Eating bred

Options
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what everyone's take is on eating bread? I don't eat a lot of it, but I do enjoy the odd sandwich and egg white breakfast sandwiches.

Replies

• laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the spelling error,just woke up and on my first coffee of the day.lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Bread is just bread...it's a carb source. There is nothing inherently evil about bread. There are more nutrient dense breads and less nutrient dense breads...but ultimately it's just a carbohydrate. I eat bread pretty regularly...it's pretty much been a staple of the human diet for millennia...

I really into fermentation as well so I like to make my own sourdough and I use my starter for regular sourdough breads as well as some good rye, etc.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Assuming you don't have PCOS, or Celiac (or other gluten issues) then I see no problem with eating bread. And then YOU decide for yourself what kind of bread you choose.

I know what I like, and I'm sure you know what you like. I choose breads with fewer ingredients and without bleached, enriched wheats.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bread is just bread...it's a carb source. There is nothing inherently evil about bread. There are more nutrient dense breads and less nutrient dense breads...but ultimately it's just a carbohydrate. I eat bread pretty regularly...it's pretty much been a staple of the human diet for millennia...

could not have said it any better than this
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options

I really into fermentation as well so I like to make my own sourdough and I use my starter for regular sourdough breads as well as some good rye, etc.
    Well said!

I often eat bread in the evening and sometimes in the morning too and and did so most of my life. Neither my family nor I were ever overweight except my mother but it wasn't the bread's fault.
  • bumbambi
    bumbambi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be a cheese sandwich. Bread is amazing.
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat bread almost daily. I am now using Nature's own 9 grain, it's 40 calories a slice. I love P & J sandwich on mornings when I am in a hurry.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I eat bread everyyyyy day. But, seeing how I'm super short and can only eat like 13-1800 calories a day while losing, I do now usually eat Heiner's 35 calorie bread. If I'm only eating a piece of toast with some PB or something then I'll eat regular bread, but if I want a sandwich I'll use the low cal bread. I would NEVER be able to live without bread, it's delicious! Could you imagine anything more sad than spaghetti with NO bread and butter?!? Devastating!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I eat some bread most days and enjoy it. It hasn't hurt my weight loss/maintenance goals. If you're intolerant to wheat and/or gluten, then it will cause you problems. Otherwise, enjoy. Not sure how I feel about egg white sandwiches though.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat bread all the time. I love it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I don't, because I can't. I have a sensitivity to gluten.

Any gluten-free bread also costs about 3-5x as much, is seriously dense and a quarter of the size. No thanks.
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat some bread most days and enjoy it. It hasn't hurt my weight loss/maintenance goals. If you're intolerant to wheat and/or gluten, then it will cause you problems. Otherwise, enjoy. Not sure how I feel about egg white sandwiches though.
    Not sure what you mean about the egg white sandwiches?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it daily anymore -- maybe a dozen times a year now. It took awhile to get used to but I'm perfectly happy eating vegetables in place of bread and actually prefer it. If I'm making sausage, peppers and onions or something like that my husband will sometimes pick up rolls (he can tolerate a lot more carbs than I can) and it doesn't tempt me in the slightest.

Honestly, the store breads I grew up eating every day now taste a little gross to me but homemade bread or something from a good bakery I'll make an exception for. But after almost two years I'm so used to not eating bread even when some is in the house it doesn't even occur to me to use it. The same way I used to automatically pair bread with every meal like sandwiches, toast, garlic bread, dinner rolls and all of that I just automatically use vegetables and fat in their place. It works for me.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I have sandwiches for lunch almost everyday. Never done me any harm!

If you think:

Hitler == Evil

Bread =/= Evil

It shouldn't be too hard to remember!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Eating some bread right now, in the form of toast with PB.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the spelling error,just woke up and on my first coffee of the day.lol

Don't worry about it, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to spell correctly in a thread title. IDK why. But if you have your big girl panties on it can make for some great humor!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I am wondering what everyone's take is on eating bread?

Delicious stuff. One of the most appealing, primal aromas is that of baking bread.

In fact, I just put a loaf in the oven myself!

:drinker:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    It is a staple in my diet both store bought and I also bake my own (Banana nut bread, Pumpkin nut bread, etc).... Best of Luck
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I don't, because I can't. I have a sensitivity to gluten.

Any gluten-free bread also costs about 3-5x as much, is seriously dense and a quarter of the size. No thanks.

this. although i do use udi's . it's awful but edible when toasted. plus i need something to spread my nutella on :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean about the egg white sandwiches?

probably meant that all the flavor and nutrition of the egg is in the yolk? i dunno what they meant but i know that's why I avoid egg anything that avoid the yolk out of an attempt to make it seem healthy