Not losing

Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Exercise and proper diet are very important to lose weight and improve fitness. Avoid all high protein food like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. Go for walking, running, cycling, practice push ups, bench press and chair squat. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.

Avoid high protein foods? Why on Earth would you recommend that?
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Exercise and proper diet are very important to lose weight and improve fitness. Avoid all high protein food like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. Go for walking, running, cycling, practice push ups, bench press and chair squat. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.

Avoid high protein foods? Why on Earth would you recommend that?

Agreed! That is irresponsible advice, especially given the circumstances of the OP.
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It looks like from your food diary that your daily intake is very low. You should at least try to eat your daily calories (and any exercise calories) and perhaps reduce your rate of loss (to increase your daily calories which might help your stall).

Just a guess....
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I just took a peek at your profile, and I have a couple of questions:

1) How long have you not been losing for? Your ticker indicates you are down quite a bit, and don't have a whole lot left to lose.
    2) What are your stats? You don't seem to be eating very much...

If you offer a little more information, the advice will be more constructive. =)

I started around May, 138 pounds and 5'7

I'm your height, and your current weight is my goal weight. Don't lose anymore weight. Start strength training to change body composition.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    I think if you're 5'7" and 138lbs you're probably pretty darn close to a medically prescribed healthy weight. I'm not sure how much more you want to lose, but it may be important to ask yourself why you want to lose it. Is it a result of the ED? If you don't think you like what you see, why? Are you comparing yourself to others?A lot of questions that only you have the answer to. If you are wanting more tone or muscle to show it's not a matter of losing more weight at that size but moreso training differently.
  • David482
    Options
    Exercise and proper diet are very important to lose weight and improve fitness. Avoid all fatty foods like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. Go for walking, running, cycling, practice push ups, bench press and chair squat. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.
    Tacoma personal trainer
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Exercise and proper diet are very important to lose weight and improve fitness. Avoid all fatty foods like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. Go for walking, running, cycling, practice push ups, bench press and chair squat. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.
    Tacoma personal trainer

This is awful.

The body needs fat, and meat/nuts are a great place to get it.
  • David482
    Options
  • David482
    Options
    tacoma personal trainer
  • hauhaut901
    hauhaut901 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree with david , I also think OP if you want results you should go to the closest gym and ask the men there for some weight loss steroids , I think it's the only logical way for someone like you (so determined :) ) to do it , otherwise you will be wasting your time listening to people who haven't got a clue about the advice they're giving

Oh btw , if you manage to aquire the steroids , you'll be able to eat whatever (as long as it's not 20 pizzas per day) and yeah , you don't have to exercise ;-) good luck
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    tacoma personal trainer

What is wrong with nuts, dairy or meat? Chicken is quite low if fat anyway . As others have said bad advice. there is no need to cut food groups out unless a medical problem.