NSV- Best Weight Loss Compliments?

Options

Replies

• JimBarnhartMN
    JimBarnhartMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Excellent to read, thanks for sharing.

My favorite two:

Jim, if you are not careful you're going to lose so much weight you'll fall through that hole in your sock

From a neighbor at a property I own, who I have only met a few times, and it's been over a year... Jim, I have to apologize, it took me awhile to figure out who you were because I had remembered you as a big man.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    There are some great ones here! Good for you all :flowerforyou:

From a relative at a family picnic-- "Whatever you're doing, you look fabulous. But you don't need to lose more!"

From a coworker--"Dang, you look great! Have you reached your goal yet?"

From my sister-- "Oh my gosh! Can I take a picture of your stomach and show it to people?"

From my husband-- "I'm so proud of you... you look amazing."
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    The best unintentional compliment I've received lately is when my mom made me get on the scale at her house to prove that I am still over 200 lb. She seriously didn't believe me. That felt nice.
  • hollykirsten
    hollykirsten Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My favorite was one I heard through the grape vine. I went to say hello to my best friends fiance at his work. After I had left one of his coworkers asked if that was me. He said he didn't even recognize me and I looked amazing! My best friend told me this later. Great to know that people are also complimenting me behind my back! LOL!
    My other favorite is my husband hugging me and saying "wow, look at how much weight you have lost babe! Im so proud of your hard work"
    And last is my coworker telling me that "You are shrinking! How are you doing it?"
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My fiance can throw me over his shoulder and carry me around with no problems now. It's great not hearing him grunt anymore, but he does it ALL the time now!

One of my coworkers when I started wearing short shorts (as opposed to basketball and bermuda shorts) - "Dang girl! Where'd you get those legs?!"

Another coworker - "Laura dear, you need to stop losing weight, you're getting too thin!"

My friend who I hadn't seen in a few months - "Holy f^&k, where'd the rest of you go?!"
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A friend (who I haven't seen in a year), exclaimed "Damn girl! You look so skinny! Where did you go!". I told her about MFP! Even better than my daughter saying "Mom, your belly is farther from the steering wheel", and my hubby saying "I can hug you better now", is the fact that my sister, two brother-in-laws, and a cousin-in-law have been inspired by my so-far success. They have all said "If she can do it with 4 kids, what excuse do I have?"
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Excellent to read, thanks for sharing.

My favorite two:

Jim, if you are not careful you're going to lose so much weight you'll fall through that hole in your sock

From a neighbor at a property I own, who I have only met a few times, and it's been over a year... Jim, I have to apologize, it took me awhile to figure out who you were because I had remembered you as a big man.

The sock one is hilarious!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    "Whats your secret?"

"I can't even recognise you anymore"

Numerous comments about how I look great ect.. ect..

I hilariously got a double edged comment about looking so much prettier than "before" haha
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The best was when some students asked me if I used to be a model. I should have lost that 20 pounds a long time ago!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    "That was your son? The one who just got back from Africa? What did you do, have him when you were 9!"
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    The best was when some students asked me if I used to be a model. I should have lost that 20 pounds a long time ago!

My only regret is that I didn't do this 10 years ago.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    "You've really lost weight." - From the instructor of a fitness class I take.
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Never noticed how tall you are."
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was told I was a great inspiration and a great motivator for others. Sure was good to hear after all the negative compliments.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you look 20 years younger!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This isn't really weight loss related but it made me teary none the less...

My friend posted this on my facebook this morning. She has two twin daughters that are about 3/4 years old.

"So my girls like to scroll thru facebook on my phone to look at pictures, and molly was scrolling and saw your profile pic and said 'oooh what's her name? She's sooo pretty'. Lol."
  • meparker757
    meparker757 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    After I turned down a holiday cup cake, my co-working told me I was wasting away. I just smiled and thought about MFP.
  • R1otgirl
    R1otgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a preschool teacher and a parent i hadnt seen for a few months stopped in his tracks and went "Holy Crap! You're losing so much weight! Most of the time if someone looks smaller ill ask them "Hey are you losing some weight?... but with you.. well i don't even need to ask, you look fabulous." That made my entire week XD
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    when my brother couldn't find me in the house he said your so thin I thought I missed you
  • moefinch
    moefinch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Overheard from a family member at a party recently....
    "Have you seen Maureen? She's a bean pole!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!