Give me your best hangover cures...

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I just got a call from a good friend who was at a bachelorette party last night and she is SO hungover she said it hurts to breathe. lol. My cures are advil and a crapload of water. I'm not the greasy meal type!

What are YOUR best hangover cures?

Replies

• dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    drink another beer!!

If that doesn't work, eat a piece of white bread and a bunch of Gatorade
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    V8 (the full-sodium kid--that's important), or if you're really in trouble with the shakes and all, a red beer made with V8. The Budweiser energy drinks work pretty well too.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and a good breakfast :)
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not really conducive to cutting back on calories, but I'm a staunch believer in the greasy meal. I used to go for full breakfasts, eggs and cheese and bacon and lots of loaded hashbrowns and waffles. Hello, Waffle House at 3 AM.

You can usually - at least in my experience - prevent it by preemptively drinking plenty of water the night before and popping some tylenol. I used to force down at least two big glasses before I passed out, and only managed to have a hangover once after I got blackout drunk off an entire bottle of tequila.

Helps to obviously start on a full stomach too.
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sleep or sonic chili cheese coney and then sleep.
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    pint of water with alkaseltzer and berocca in it. followed by another pint of water and a nap. wake up make some eggs and hope for the best!
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My advice is never take medical advice from someone unless it is directly from your physician.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    A biscuit from McDonald's. ;)

Otherwise...
    1. A red beer (put some V8 in your beer)
    2. Alkaseltzer and a lotttt of water
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    My go to was a large Turkey Bacon Guacamole sandwich. I think it had more to do with the bread than anything. Now a days, its lots and lots of water, and advil.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Greasy food and sleep, oh and lots of water
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    avoid the hangover all together by taking niacin before you go out drinking and another niacin before you go to sleep
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    incredible spicy food and a sauna, sweat it out
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Having a three year old who wakes up at 6 every morning is a good preventative medicine.
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fast food!!!:wink:
  • Excepticon
    Excepticon Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My advice is never take medical advice from someone unless it is directly from your physician.

Duly noted.

Best way I ever got rid of a hangover is IV fluids. Honestly. Alcohol dehydrates you, and the IV fluid trick took maybe an hour and I was back to 100%.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My cures:

Banana smoothie for the potassium
    LOTS OF WATERRRRRRR
    Grease, usually later on in the day
    Oh and a nap LOL

Good as new usually!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Drink a beer, then have fried eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast with butter.
  • riverjoe21
    Options
    Advocare Rehydrate mixed with spark...not an advertisement...but works for me everytime!
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    cold cold air. Stand in the local convenience store beer cave, if you can keep from puking at the sight of beer.

If that is not possible. An ice cold Pepsi and a huge nap.
  • 63lab
    63lab Posts: 80
    Options
    water....any food you can get in....no paracetamol or any other drug as your body is trying to cleanse itself.....just ride the wave and beat yourself up really really hard....i mean,come on...how many times have we done this and never learned the bloody lesson ??