Your Fragance/scent - 5 questions

ADietadaM
ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
Hello,

I didn't find yet my fragance/scent. Sometimes is too warm, others soflty enough, minutes before the smell go away. So i keep searching for.

Tell me:

1. Did you find your fragance/scent?
2. How did you find it?
3. Describe the smell
4. People ask you about it?
5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner?

P.S. - I did forgot! Please if you find your fragance/scent please tell us the name!!!

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    1. Did you find your fragance/scent? No, I try different scents. I can't focus on just one, I love experiencing new pretty scents. Guess that makes me overly girly, but that's okay lol.
    2. How did you find it? Have not.
    3. Describe the smell Bath and body works, I like most of their scents, granted they're not too strong. Some Victoria's Secret, as well.
    4. People ask you about it? Yes, because I tend to "mix" scents and they can't figure out what I've got on lol.
    5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner? Er.. No idea, haven't paid mind to this, since I'm taken >.>
  • ADietadaM
    1. Did you find your fragance/scent? No, I try different scents. I can't focus on just one, I love experiencing new pretty scents. Guess that makes me overly girly, but that's okay lol.
    3. Describe the smell Bath and body works, I like most of their scents, granted they're not too strong. Some Victoria's Secret, as well.
    4. People ask you about it? Yes, because I tend to "mix" scents and they can't figure out what I've got on lol.
    5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner? Er.. No idea, haven't paid mind to this, since I'm taken >.>

Maybe the mix scents help you on that "taken" eheh
  • ThePlight

Maybe the mix scents help you on that "taken" eheh
    Lol, no. I met him online years ago on one of those chat clients. Enemies became friends, became more XD lol.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    1. Did you find your fragance/scent? Yes
    2. How did you find it? There was a tester in a boutique I went into and I tried it out. It smelled so good, and the scent lingered on my clothes a bit the next day. I couldn't stop thinking about it.
    3. Describe the smell: It's a mixture of amber oil and some other essential oils. It smells clean and earthy at the same time.
    4. People ask you about it? I've had people follow me around the store I work in to ask what I am wearing. When my boyfriend smells my neck, he swoons.
    5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner? Not necessarily, but it doesn't hurt, either.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    I currently own 16 bottles of perfume. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!
    I bought some, some were gifts.

If you want one that is long lasting, buy EDP, not EDT. The EDP (eau de parfum) is more concentrated, usually more expensive and lasts longer.

As for my preferences, most perfumes I wear are floral.Lots of roses. I wore Givenchy's Very Irresistible Sensual for about a year before getting bored with it(that's a very long time for me). Smells like roses. I wore Dolce and Gabbana's "The One" for a few months, and my current everyday perfume is "Dahlia Noir" from Givenchy. Very strong, feminine scent, imo. It's not intoxicating when it's on, but i can still smell it on my scarfs after I wash them. Gets me tons of compliments.

I suggest going to a place like Sephora, or whatever perfume place you like, try one, and even if you like it then, don't buy it. Wear it all day and see how you feel about it. Some scents i just love, but can't wear them because they give me headaches. Other i like when i first spray it, then hate it later on.

Some recommendations beside those 3 (not all are floral):

Jean Paul Gaultier - The original one, in a bottle shaped like a female torso.
    Armani- Code
    Dolce&Gabbana- Both the classic with the red cap, and Light Blue (though everyone wears this one, too common)
    Armani-Code
    Dior-J'adore
    Thierry Mugler- Alien
    Paco Rabanne- Ultrared
    Chanel - Allure Sensuel
    Kenzo-Flower
    Donna Karan- The one shaped like an apple.

That's all i can think of right now.

ETA: I guess I may have a problem.
  • ADietadaM
    Didn't know that Paco Rabanne have ultrared, i just know ultraviolet!
  • ThePlight
    Shhhh, no you do not :P lol
  • Hauntinglyfit

They do. It's harder to find though.
    I bought it in Europe. And it smells better than Ultraviolet, imo. I..err...own that one too..
  • Hello,

I didn't find yet my fragance/scent. Sometimes is too warm, others soflty enough, minutes before the smell go away. So i keep searching for.

Tell me:

1. Did you find your fragance/scent?
    2. How did you find it?
    3. Describe the smell
    4. People ask you about it?
    5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner?

This thread has my name all over it..I am a cologne junkie.(never wear more than 3 sprays.)
    1.I have got the most compliments from my 212 by carolina herrera aka the panty dropper. I guess with my own scent and personality it just pairs very well..and when I smell it on myself I just want to to do nauhty things..Yves saint laurent L, Homme Libre is my second choice.

2. My sister works for carolina herrera company.

3. Its a mildly sweet somewhat citrus-y with maybe what coconut rum would smell like.

4. ALL THE TIME!! 99.999% of the times females who go for a second take.

5.YES and no..your smell is a representation of you, its what you want to be known by, when someone smells something remotely close to it, they should think of you..

ps..I own more cologne than anyone should, it is THEE gift to give me. Ive collected them since High school.
  • ADietadaM

I bought it in Europe. And it smells better than Ultraviolet, imo. I..err...own that one too..

I have 90 mini botlles and perfum samples :P
  • I currently own 16 bottles of perfume. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!
    I bought some, some were gifts.

If you want one that is long lasting, buy EDP, not EDT. The EDP (eau de parfum) is more concentrated, usually more expensive and lasts longer.

As for my preferences, most perfumes I wear are floral.Lots of roses. I wore Givenchy's Very Irresistible Sensual for about a year before getting bored with it(that's a very long time for me). Smells like roses. I wore Dolce and Gabbana's "The One" for a few months, and my current everyday perfume is "Dahlia Noir" from Givenchy. Very strong, feminine scent, imo. It's not intoxicating when it's on, but i can still smell it on my scarfs after I wash them. Gets me tons of compliments.

I suggest going to a place like Sephora, or whatever perfume place you like, try one, and even if you like it then, don't buy it. Wear it all day and see how you feel about it. Some scents i just love, but can't wear them because they give me headaches. Other i like when i first spray it, then hate it later on.

Some recommendations beside those 3 (not all are floral):

Jean Paul Gaultier - The original one, in a bottle shaped like a female torso.
    Armani- Code
    Dolce&Gabbana- Both the classic with the red cap, and Light Blue (though everyone wears this one, too common)
    Armani-Code
    Dior-J'adore
    Thierry Mugler- Alien
    Paco Rabanne- Ultrared
    Chanel - Allure Sensuel
    Kenzo-Flower
    Donna Karan- The one shaped like an apple.

That's all i can think of right now.

Im in love, all of those smell amazingly intoxicating..
  • Hauntinglyfit

Lolololol! never counted my samples. I have a box full of them though, I get some free ones whenever I buy perfume. Or whenever I flirt with the sales clerk.
  • ADietadaM

Lolololol! never counted my samples. I have a box full of them though, I get some free ones whenever I buy perfume. Or whenever I flirt with the sales clerk.

Count and after tell us!
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    I like Dior's Poison and I have another one Givenchy. Forget which one. For everyday I like Clinique Happy or white musk from the body shop.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    212 by carolina herrera aka the panty dropper.

Agree. I used to date a guy who wore that.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    My favorite perfume is Miss Dior Cherie and I found it by sniffing bottles at the perfume counter. I also sometimes wear Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf. I like "deep" scents...hard to describe what that means but I think of scents as being high-pitched or low-pitched, and I don't like them too tangy and sharp.

I have had people ask me what I'm wearing with the Cherie, and while I don't think men are so complicated that they need a scent to be "seduced"...they do seem to appreciate when a girl smells nice.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    I just farted.....it smells like eggs. I hate eggs
  • Excepticon
    Excepticon Posts: 83 Member
    Thierry Mugler- Alien

D: Have you ever tried Alien Liqueur? *growl*

Mine is Chanel Allure, has been that way for over 15 years.

1. Did you find your fragance/scent? Yes
    2. How did you find it? A foreign exchange student at my high school always smelled amazing... I asked her what she wore and she said Chanel Allure, and it was fate!
    3. Describe the smell Musky, woodsy, with a hint of bergamot. Very sexy.
    4. People ask you about it? Constantly. It gets very sweet and musky on me, and lasts for 6-8 hours so I always smell delicious.
    5. Do you think that fragance/scent is important to seduce a partner? I think the right fragrance can give you self confidence where it would matter, so I guess yes.
  • ADietadaM
    Chanel nr5, Chanel (men)
    Babydoll , YSL
    Ultraviolet, Paco Rabanne
    Blue Light, D&G

and others, i did smell it but for me fragance always remenber one period of my life, so i normally try to avoid that, so, if i will use the same fragance all day i will remenber the situations!
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    I go to http://www.luckyscent.com and type in the "note" I'm interested in. Helps to find out what works on your skin though, particularly base notes (I love musk). You can order samples of most of the fragrances on Lucky Scent for a few bucks each and they'll ship them to you cheaply and quickly. That's how I found my fragrance, trial and error. Lucky Scent have more interesting and rare fragrances, than what you'd find in a chemist or department store. Some are affordable depending on your budget, some expensive, but only if you spray perfume on liberally every day! Their email list always has interesting new fragrances too, that I order samples of if they sound appealing. I've worn Alexa Lixfeld #004 for a few years now.