Smoothies Recipes Please!

Options
LRK88
LRK88 Posts: 36 Member
I just bought a bottle that attaches to a blender to make single serving smoothies. I am looking for suggestions of yummy and healthy smoothies I can make for breakfast. Please post recipes, links or book suggestions! I do not have any dietary restrictions.

Replies

• 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump for reading pleasure later
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If you're tired of the standard strawberry daiquiri or Vodka OJ for breakfast... :drinker:

Well, it's not exactly a "Breakfast Smoothie", but I have been looking forward to trying it out. Stole this recipe from bodybuilding.com...

Dr. Sara's Protein Fluff Recipe

Ingredients
    1 scoop casein protein powder
    1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 tsp xanthan gum
    1 Quest Cravings Protein Peanut Butter Cup

Directions
    1. In a large bowl, add casein, peanut butter, almond milk, and xanthan gum.
    2. Mix ingredients for 10 minutes with an electric mixture.
    3. Cut peanut butter cup into small pieces.
    4. Place mixture into serving bowl and sprinkle with peanut butter cup pieces.
    5. Enjoy your bed-time snack!

Nutrition Facts
    Calories: 467
    Fat: 24.5 g
    Carbs: 20 g
    Protein: 57 g

Notes
    -If you don't want the extra calories, use PB2 instead of peanut butter.
    -You can try using whey, but it usually doesn't fluff as well as casein.
  • FarEastTexan
    Options
    Blueberry Banana is my favorite:

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    2/3 cup milk
    1 scoop french vanilla protein powder
    and just a bit of ice to thicken it up

Enjoy!
  • slgthatsme
    Options
    I love smoothies.

You can use any type of fruit that you want. I stick to peaches, pears, banana, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, mango and blueberries. Because of the higher cost for fresh in the off season I just buy them frozen.

For liquid you can use pineapple juice, apple juice, orange juice, water, milk, soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or tropical fruit punches.

Add in some ground flax, peanut butter, frozen yogurt, spinach (you won't even taste it!), coffee, cocoa powder, protein powder or regular yogurt.

If you want sweeten with honey but I rarely need to add any.

The thing with smoothies is that you can add whatever sounds good to you. You can get creative with it and make some really great drinks.

I usually add the liquid ingredient in first and blend with a few ice cubes to crush them up because I like my smoothies to be ice cold. I also add a couple cubes of ice to my smoothie container when I pour it from the blender.
  • LRK88
    LRK88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    slgthatsme thanks for the lists, this helps :-)
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    what i did once, is:
    1/2 cup whole oats
    1/4 cup sugar free chocolate syrup
    3 tbsp chocolate pb2
    3 whole 6-ounce bananas
    3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup chocolate almond milk.

can't remember what the macros were, but it was good. :)
    Also, it made enough for about 3-4 8-ounce servings.

EDIT: just found the basic recipe i used, then added to it.

http://pamelasalzman.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-smoothie-recipe/
  • BrittBrat1787
    BrittBrat1787 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I heart smoothies :) The smoothie I made today ( and yesterday...maybe day before...it's one of my favs) I used two medjool dates ( make sure to take out the pit) some frozen banana, a little water, a little vanilla and some cinnamon.

I also made my sister a pumpkin pie smoothie using some canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, some frozen banana( you could also use ice but it won't be as creamy) vanilla, extra cinnamon, and sweetener of your choice if needed- I used coconut sugar. oh and water or milk of choice.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bottle that attaches to a blender to make single serving smoothies. I am looking for suggestions of yummy and healthy smoothies I can make for breakfast. Please post recipes, links or book suggestions! I do not have any dietary restrictions.
    My favourite, very filling thick smoothie is 3/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt, 1 Tablespoon light peanut butter and half a banana. Blend ...yummy and it keeps you full for a looong time (because of all the protein).
    Also orange juice, banana and strawberry...but the o.j. has too many calories for my liking.
    I also have spinach (1-3 cups) 3/4c Greek yogurt ( or regular yogurt), half a banana and any kind of berry you like... blend.if you have a sweet tooth add some honey.
  • slgthatsme
    Options
    Smoothies are so fantastic :) they can satisfy your sweet tooth, fill you up, give you an easy way to get in extra protein. I need to look up some more recipes myself.