NSV- Best Weight Loss Compliments?

Options

Replies

• progressnotperfection84
    Options
    These are all really great! The compliments are what keep me going sometimes.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love them! Thanks for sharing. I had one just this afternoon from a colleague I hardly ever see. She kept saying 'you look great' about 3 times until I finally clued in and said 'I've lost weight' and she said 'I could tell, but I don't know you enough to comment on your weight'. But sweet! :smile:
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at work, an older lady came in and looked at me and said, "You are getting so skinny. You just look lovely. Your mom would have been so proud of what you have done." (Made me cry!)

From a friend's brother last week, "I didn't recognize you in that dress! Turn around...Look at those curves!" I never used to like being "curvy", until the curves were in the right places!

And my alltime favorite was from my brother who doesn't usually say much, We were at dinner and he wanted to make a toast. I rolled my eyes wondering what crazy thing he was going to say, and he surprised me! He said, "I'd like to toast Jen because she looks amazing! She has done something that most people can't do, and she is my hero." Again...that made me cry...and still does now!
    Made me cry....sweet!!!!!!
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The receptionist at the building where I work called out "here comes skinny minnie" when I walked in the other morning. Apparently I've also inspired her to get more exercise, which is a better compliment in itself than the comment. :)

I also love the unspoken compliment my clothes are giving me. I'm going to have to start thinking about how to take some of them in soon. :):)
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Also, I was cooking something the other day (a roast beef or something) and said to my husband "it's shrunk a bit" and he said "just like you". :)
  • lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "Make sure you get some food... You are still eating right?" (She was serious...) and "you're shrinking, you're half of who you were!"
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I joined my gym in July and had a work-out session with a trainer named Ingrid. She worked me hard for about 45 minutes & suggested I attend her Zumba classes. I told her my strategy was to keep swimming for a few months until I was sick of it or I hit a plateau and then I would start taking some classes. Three weeks ago (after about 30 more pounds lost) I took her first Zumba class, and she didn't recognize me. After reminding her of our session & conversation she said, "That was you? Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" That made me feel great! I'm glad I waited until I was in a little better shape before attempting Zumba. Now I can pretty much keep up with her class, plus it's super fun!
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I lost a big chunk of weight over the summer, and when I returned to school, these were some of the things my classmates said to me:

"Oh my gosh, you're so skinny! What's happening to you?"

"Are you disappearing?"

"Whoa! Look at this! We've got Brad Pitt over here." (That was one from a friend of mine who legitimately looks like Tim Tebow whereas I look nothing like Brad Pitt)

Finally, when I went to the airport to pick up my MIL a few weeks ago, she looked right at me, and then kept looking for me. She didn't say anything, but she certainly didn't recognize me.
  • thundericon
    Options
    From employee: Have you been sick?

From family member: you look as skinny as a cigarette and what have you been useing? (then instantly downlaoded my fitnesspal and runtastic)
  • SilverQuill24854
    Options
    My mom kept saying, "Just look at how little your *kitten* is, its got such a nice shape." :noway:

A friend told I wasn't someone's type since I don't have enough meat on my bones. *Cheers!* :drinker:
  • carebears1973
    carebears1973 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I'd be happy with someone noticing I exist rather than being the invisible one that everyone walks past...
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That second one is hilarious!! haha

Well, I'm trying to recall them all actually but the first ones that come to mind are: when I tell people i have about 100 left to lose they look at me and one friend said: "Oh, I don't think you need to lose THAT much"

Recently a friend commented that she liked my wrists, she said "your wrists are so pretty!" We use ASL (American Sign Language) at weekly meetings where we discuss the bible and that involves us being on camera to give comments/answers which go on these large screens so everyone can see... it's nerve-wracking at first to be on camera but now I don't mind and now people notice and have made several comments like that.
    The same friend was excited at seeing my waist haha, she said "look at you! you have a waist!" haha and others who have seen me have said similar things like one friend was watching the meeting via video at home and texted me saying: "your clothes are too big!" She had seen me give a comment and because we need to stand for the comments you can normally see at least my top half.

I can't remember any other outstanding ones.. oh and a cool one: I have a friend that is DeafBlind and we use tactile ASL meaning signing in the hands, and she said she can tell a big difference! Love that!

Oh I thought of another one: a friend said she didn't recognize me from the back, she told me she wondered who the new person was, then realize it was me! That was exciting. I think another friend at a large gathering didn't recognize me from the side as he passed right by me and normally we would chat for a while... I thought it strange at first and let it go, but then realized he didn't recognize me.. oh well.
    From a friend who I had not seen in around four months:
    "Holy ****, where did the rest of you go?"

From my grandfather in law- "Is he holding out on you?" Me- "Huh?" Grandfather- "Is he holding food from you?"

A friend from high school- "God! You're shrinking!"

A random food cashier when I asked for Lite Ranch- "Girl, you don't need no lite ranch, you lookin' TIGHT!" (I order food from her all the time, so I'm assuming she could tell, it made me happy.

What are some of yours?
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is when people do not recognize me.

"...But I call all of my hot female friends [nickname]"

I also appreciate the number of friends and family who say that I have inspired them to swim / work out / eat right.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    New year, new resolutions. Suddenly people come to me asking how did I manage to lose weight. I started my journey in June 2013.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Best compliment I got so far is from a longtime co-worker (that knows he can say things, others can't).

"Now girl, don't you go losing all that booty! I like to watch you walk away and I can't bare to think of there being nothing there to watch!"

I laughed all day after he told me that.

Loving this one lol.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    My niece says I am a lot skinnier..
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Not really a verbal compliment, but when I picked my son up at the airport for Christmas (he hadn't seen me since July), he just about walked by me.

He said he didn't recognize me I looked so different (in a good way, he said)
  • maddy_smiles
    maddy_smiles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome! Love reading these!!!!
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The ones I can immedilately think of happened yesterday.

1. Went to pick up my partner from work and his boss stopped to talk to me and said "gees girl you've lost more weight your gunna be a stick soon" he's given me alot of compliments lately :-)

2. My partner and I were having a cuddle he hits my hip bone and says "what's that?"
    "ouch!! My hip bone what do you think it is"
    He just laughed and said "I know we just haven't seen it for a while"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!