what are the benefits of a beachbody coach?

Options
Does anyone know what the benefits of having a beachbody coach, and does it cost anything?

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Its free, anyone can be a coach. They bombard you with suggestions to buy xyz because its all theyre qualified to do.

For example-i finished insanity and was invited to be a coach. No prior experience. No health knowledge.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Get ready for the influx of shakeology salesmen(and women)!
  • Bodyfreak135
    Options
    I'm a former coach for Beachbody and while yes a lot of them are good people and will keep you motivated. They will also expect you to buy the programs off team Beachbody so they can get money for them and a lot of them will force Shakeology on you. That reason I quit I wasn't going to sell shakeology something I couldn't drink because of doctor orders and say to someone you need to be on this. Plus as much as I love the workouts they are very overpriced and it cheaper to buy them through amazon used or eBay used then a coach.

So yes while they are benefits of having one you will be asked to buy a lot and they will ask you to recommended friends and your family to them.

I like Beachbody but the coaches can go a little nuts and can get very angry if you don't buy from them and they will ask you a lot to be shakeology which is $129 a month.

So if you want one that great just try to find a coach that been in it and does not care about sales.

1. Josh spencer

2. Traci marrow

3. Wayne wyatt

4. Janelle summers

5. Barbie decker

These guys are great and aren't pushy for you to buy from them because they have done it since Beachbody started the coaching thing so they know it about helping others first not making the sale.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I friended someone on here that does something with Beachbody. I thought it was a sincere "let me help you". After reading this I feel like a sucker. Anyone want to sell me Ocean front property in Arizona? :-(
  • arc0814
    Options
    90% of the coaches out there only care about selling. I am a Beachbody coach and only became one for the a shakeology discount. Although I have no prior health/fitness I have learned a lot and actually enjoy being a support for others. I don't care if I sell something. You can buy from Amazon for all I care. I don't depend on this for an income like most coaches do. I just like knowing I helped someone lol. So we aren't all pushy, annoying Coaches ;)
  • DaveP_Fit
    Options
    Ummmm.... I got nuthin
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what the benefits of having a beachbody coach, and does it cost anything?

I have done and am doing a number of beach body programs. I've had bad coaches and now I have a really good coach.

A good coach sets an atmosphere of accountability for the group, answers questions, and provides motivation.

A bad coach Is constantly selling.

I don't use shakeology. When I did decide to go from insanity to Les mills combat, he was able to use his coach discount for me, that that helps.

There are people in our group who don't use shakeology and aren't even doing a beachbody program currently (they are running or lifting or something). Its about setting appositive atmosphere so you feel like there are a group of people going through the same thing you are, and then you feel bad if you let them down.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    They're not coaches, they're sales people.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    They're not coaches, they're sales people.

The level of douche-baggery cannot be underestimated! Being a lame-*kitten* salesman and calling yourself a "coach" is offensive. Maybe it's a european sensibility thing, but I find it super-tacky...
  • JarrodFit4Life
    Options
    Most of you are describing coaches as "salesmen," which is completely WRONG. A poor coach with a focus on commission may be more like a salesman. However, a good coach is probably better described as a motivator, or accountability partner. Its simple human nature; when someone sets out to accomplish something and multiple people know about their goals, it becomes tougher to admit to everyone day in and day out how you failed because of what YOU did to sabotage your progress. A good coach will help provide the motivation and the accountability someone needs to continue to progress towards a healthier and more fit lifestyle.

Now is it true that Beachbody coaches earn a commission on items that are purchased by people on their team? Yes, that its the truth. However, a good coach won't ever pressure someone into purchasing something just to earn a quick buck. I am a Beachbody coach and I have never pressured someone into buying a product. I give them an honest opinion about the things that I personally like and use as well as those (like the Beachbody Whey protein, protein bars, multi-vitamins, etc.) that are useless and overpriced compared to similar items that can be found elsewhere.

Those that consistently talk about Beachbody and Beachbody coaches in a negative light are the people that have either had a bad experience, haven't tried a Beachbody product, or endorse something like Herbalife or Advocare and are just trying to soil the competition. Anyone with any questions about Beachbody products, the coaching system, or anything else, please feel free to ask and I will provide the best information I can.

By the way, when I was starting out my coach responded to every single email and every single question MONTHS before I decided to purchase anything directly through him. If you consider that being a "douche-baggery salesman," than I'd love to hear how you feel about a used car salesman or a door-to-door Jehovah's Witness!

Jarrod
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    1. You need no qualifications or prior experience to be a beachbody coach.

2. People with prior experience, qualifications and integrity would not become a beachbody coach.

3. Just stay away from MLM. All MLM. Just stay away.
  • fur_lucks_sake
    Options
    Let me think...
  • jimmmer
    Options
    Those that consistently talk about Beachbody and Beachbody coaches in a negative light are the people that have either had a bad experience, haven't tried a Beachbody product, or endorse something like Herbalife or Advocare and are just trying to soil the competition. Anyone with any questions about Beachbody products, the coaching system, or anything else, please feel free to ask and I will provide the best information I can.

By the way, when I was starting out my coach responded to every single email and every single question MONTHS before I decided to purchase anything directly through him. If you consider that being a "douche-baggery salesman," than I'd love to hear how you feel about a used car salesman or a door-to-door Jehovah's Witness!

Jarrod

So, for example, as a "Coach" (Inverted commas intended), if one of your "clients" asked you "Coach, How can I get strong in the quickest time possible?". How would you proceed? What would you advise?

"Or, how can I pack on some solid muscle?"

"Or, what's the best way to lose some fat?"

If the answer to all of these questions is a beachbody programme, then you're nothing more than a common salesman. You are not a coach. It's the deliberately incorrect use of the word coach for marketing and sales purposes that grates.

FYI. A car salesman doesn't masquerade as something else. He is primarily there to sell you a car. And people who knock on your door to try to get you to buy something you don't want (be it religion or insurance or whatever) are a nuisance or a menace at best.
  • CoachDreesTraining
    CoachDreesTraining Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest benefit of having a BB coach is that you will never be lonely again, as long as he/she has your contact information.