I need a meal list

Options
7L551
7L551 Posts: 82 Member
Hey guys,
As you can tell by my progress, I lost some weight but it is not enough yet. I need to lose 18 more kgs to reach my perfect goal and then focus more on building muscles (long story short I do both but I spend more time on Cardio for now) However, at this stage it got harder and it seems that my current food system makes my job harder and maintains my current weight.
That is why I need your help to find a way to make HEALTHY daily food.
I am guessing my current meals are not the best but they mostly consists of half a plate of white rice and the other half is mostly a vegetarian kind of food but with ground beef meet in it.

My 2nd problem is the chocolate snacks (I don't eat so much but it is a problem) I would like a method/snack/food to replace it, any ideas?

Thanks guys

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by being in a calorie deficit. It's irrelevant what foods you eat - only the amount of food you consume. As far as chocolate goes, I eat some about every day. Weigh, measure and log everything you eat to be sure you really eating at a deficit. Try and meet your macros as well. Good luck.
  • adasuds
    Options
    hi i have been using atkins bars for my chocolate treats expensive but worth it, coconut, peanut and caramel .
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I recall a website ( http://www.eatthismuch.com/ ) that supposedly helps with meal planning.

As the other person said, it's the deficit that matters..

But...while in a deficit you want to make sure you are still getting your nutrients. You can try replacing your rice with quinoa or lentils or something similar.

The chocolate thing might be a habit, try having a serving of fruit when you have the craving. I'd personally suggest not eating some engineered food to replace it. If the fruit doesn't work try higher quality but less quantity chocolate.
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by being in a calorie deficit. It's irrelevant what foods you eat - only the amount of food you consume. As far as chocolate goes, I eat some about every day. Weigh, measure and log everything you eat to be sure you really eating at a deficit. Try and meet your macros as well. Good luck.

But the problem is that I can't get an estimate over my own cooking... according to the simple calculations I should be way under my deficit but it does not seem to be working, I am working out so the only explanation is that the food I cook got way much more calories in it than I think.
    Note: I noticed that when I actually eat 1 meal of lets say Subway steak 6 inch sandwiches, I actually lose some weights.
    hi i have been using atkins bars for my chocolate treats expensive but worth it, coconut, peanut and caramel .

hmm looks interesting, but it seems to have around 170 calories :O isn't that bit too much?
    I recall a website ( http://www.eatthismuch.com/ ) that supposedly helps with meal planning.

As the other person said, it's the deficit that matters..

But...while in a deficit you want to make sure you are still getting your nutrients. You can try replacing your rice with quinoa or lentils or something similar.

The chocolate thing might be a habit, try having a serving of fruit when you have the craving. I'd personally suggest not eating some engineered food to replace it. If the fruit doesn't work try higher quality but less quantity chocolate.

Thanks but does not quinoa and lentils have more calories than rice? or is it like good calories that your body digests faster? I still can't wrap my head around the idea of food that got more calories but is better for you like oatmeal XD

Thanks for the website, it seems really amazing :D I really appreciate it
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    I'd recommend weighing every little thing. A mate thought he was doing great until I pointed out he didn't weight the BBQ he was smothering everything it, in the end it added an extra 2000kjs (500cal~).. crazy right?

I found taste.com had some good healthy meals. Also the food forum on this site has some good tips and recipes here and there.

Best of luck
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat, but you have to weigh it. If half your plate is rice, it's probably 300 calories or more right there, so it might not be the best choice.. but you won't know until you start weighing a proper serving. So get a food scale, that's the only way to know exactly how much you eat.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

But the problem is that I can't get an estimate over my own cooking... according to the simple calculations I should be way under my deficit but it does not seem to be working, I am working out so the only explanation is that the food I cook got way much more calories in it than I think.
    Note: I noticed that when I actually eat 1 meal of lets say Subway steak 6 inch sandwiches, I actually lose some weights.

Weigh and measure everything. If you can eat at Subway (and they are pretty precise is making sure you don't get a smidge more than you are supposed to) and lose weight, then it's a problem with your cooking.

I use the recipe tab and add ingredients one by one when I make my own dishes (spaghetti, chicken pot pie, brownies, everything). Then I KNOW that what I am eating is one serving and the exact number of calories and macros I am getting. You can do it. Plus, it saves time in adding your own foods. You just pull it from your recipe tab. I have several entries for spaghetti - because sometimes it's with veggies, sometimes with meatballs, etc. Give it a try and see if that helps with your own meals.
  • zak138
    zak138 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Get 85% or higher chocolate and have a few pieces a day! Hits the spot!