Low Carb Buddies.

Low carb newbie seeking friends to share diaries on a 50Lb weight loss journey!

Is there anybody out there ............

Replies

• RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    I am also looking for low carb friends with open diaries!! I want to start now but I have a lot of learning to do about what to eat.
  • Thatbehalf
    Thatbehalf Posts: 1 Member
    Im just now starting a keto diet (which is low carbs) but im new to it.
    You could always check out reddit.com/r/keto .
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Right 'chere! Diabetic, diagnosed 5 years ago. I attempt to keep my meals under 45g of carbs each. My A1C was 5.7 in September. Diary's open to the public, take a peek if you like.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Was diagnosed about 12.5 years ago. Also have Pcos .. I eat ↓100g carb per day on my best days?
    Sometimes I go higher. You might be going lower than,I. I know many who do Paleo or Keto diets
    eat very little carbs. All the best to you!! :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I do LOWER carb. I'm usually under 100 a day. Anyone can feel free to add!
  • Welcome to MFP!
    I've been following the Low Carb/High Fat, or Paleo lifestyle, since July 8th of this year,
    I've lost 44 pounds with much satisfaction and no hunger.
    I'm diabetic, but my blood glucose (A1C) numbers are improving with each visit to my doctor.
    I've been here at MFP for 110+ days.
  • Me!!! Request away! I'm not diabetic but my body does really well on low carb. I don't bloat, more energy, weight loss, etc. I normally do under 100g but some days I may have done grapefruit or something that puts me a bit over. I love supporting people/ receiving support. Any one is free to add me. :)
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    OHHH add me too!!

My sister has Crohn's and the the doctor told her to cut back on the carbs and refined sugars (we are both significantly overweight and have a family history of heart attacks and diabetes) So, we just started Monday, but need ideas for snacks and meals, due to living with other people (my dad- he is a meat and potatoes/pasta every night guy!) We have been doing good (7 lbs this week) but to keep motivated need LOTS of food ideas.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Been doing Keto since late July! Down over 20 lbs so far!
  • Very low carber here, I stay between 20 and 30 net carbs a day. (Doctor's orders) Anyone feel free to add me I could use some low carb support!
  • hereisgone125
    hereisgone125 Posts: 79 Member
    I'm a low carber as well, feel free to send a friend request!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me. I shoot for 85 grams or less of carbs a day.
  • I'm following a low carb plan. Any other low-carbers can feel free to add me. :)
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    I'm diabetic and I've recently recommitted to healthy eating, and have been eating lower carb (try to shoot for less than 100g/day) for the last 2 weeks. I've lost 7 pounds so far, and I have a long way to go. New friends welcome!
  • Starting back on low carb to attempt to break a plateau :) New low carb friends are always welcome!
  • sungrrl
    sungrrl Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone!
    After struggling with a 20 pounds weight gain and being unable to lose it for almost 3 years, I am finally losing weight again. I am getting married in 2.5 months and have already lost 23 pounds. I am following a carb cycling plan. I cycle between a NO carb diet, a LOW carb diet, and then I have one night every 2 weeks where I eat low fat carbs (Carb Nite) and then start all over again. I still want to lose about 10-12 pounds before my wedding!!!
    Shannon
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I'm doing low carb (under 100g a day) and I have roughly 40lbs to lose, feel free to add me :)
  • I'm doing extremely low carb (aim under 10g) and so far managed to lose 2 and a half stone, HOWEVER, I put weight on after my wedding and the stress of moving abroad to a different country (army wife) and getting 'comfy' with hubs has made me gain around 8lb, so now I'm back low carbing and loving it... Cravings are killing me though, but I know they will pass soon :) x x x
  • Ive been yo-yoing for so long. Working out like crazy at the gym and keeping calories to 1400 but have had no luck with weight loss.

My doctor recommended a book, why we get fat and what we do about it, its all about low carb.

So here I am - started a low carb diet this morning :)