Help! Sick?

Options
I was sick from Monday and starting to feel better today! While sick I could only manage about 1200 or so calories. If I bump back up to 1500 will I gain weight? Does a week make a huge difference? I'm trying to maintain....

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I doubt you will gain weight eating 1,500 calories, since that amount of calories is generally below TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).

Take care of yourself and don't worry about eating too much or too little. Listen to your body and it will tell you what your need.

I hope you feel better soon. :smile:
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No, you just increased your deficit during that week. If anything, it should cause you to lose more weight. Going back up to your previous deficit won't make you gain weight as you're still eating less calories than you burn through daily activity and exercise. This is the purpose of your calorie goal, to have you eating less than you burn. Last week, you just reduced that even more.

The deficit is created from your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). Explained in more detail here if you aren't aware of what that is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • chaarlotte289
    chaarlotte289 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Should I do it gradually or jump back up to my original calorie amount (1500 from about 1200) in like one day?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Should I do it gradually or jump back up to my original calorie amount (1500 from about 1200) in like one day?

The only thing you should do is take care of yourself and get rest and just eat when you're hungry. It will all balance out when you are 100% again.