Breakfast

Options
For ages I have been looking for a breakfast that keeps me satisfied I usually have weetbix because it's the healthiest with the least calories but I eat 4 with skim milk because I'm watching my calorie intake but It leaves me even more hungry I can eat 8 weetbix and still not feel full and I've looked at oats and muesli but they have more calories and sugar ect please help

Replies

• 2buildahome
    Options
    I love eggs :) Eggs i usually mix with low fat milk, cheese and veggies. It keeps me full right until lunch and it's protein so it gives me lots of energy as well
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Eggs and turkey sausage. Or steel cut oats with protein powder (chocolate of course), or a fruit smoothie protein shake. Those choices usually fill me.
  • goodvictory
    Options
    For breakfast I go for the protein, even if it's cottage cheese, yogurt or peanut butter
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    I read an article the other day about a trial where they ate Scrambled Eggs, and Wholemeal toast for breakfast, and those that did were less likely to binge/snack throughout the day. Personally going to give this a try myself. :bigsmile:
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well my 22 kg 7 year old daughter eats 2 vita bixs a day. These are similar to Weet bix. So I am not surprised you need more than 4. You may need to allow more calories. You could switch to light milk rather than skim. Have an egg or two as well. There's not a huge amount of protein in Weet bix , and proteins and fats are important.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I had to look up weet bix ...
    I find that when my morning is heavy in carbs ... especially gluten ... I get hungry sooner. Protein heavy breakfasts seem to work better for me too. Crustless quiches ... eggs/vegetables ... these seem to hold me over until lunch.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with toast & cup of skim milk,or a chocolate smoothie made with protein powder,pudding mix & cold water.
  • JackRCarey
    Options
    I'm trying to watch my calories and I don't have time to make those I have 10 minutes in the morning
  • jenniferjeanne84
    jenniferjeanne84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have to have protein, my current kick is 1 piece of toast with 1tbsp and 1 bananda on it.
    Previously I would have 2 eggs and one piece toast (dry)... otherwise I'm creeping the lunch room around 10am looking for snacks.
    It may seem like a lot of calories, but it keeps me saited, and I find it's easy to incorporate into my 1450 cals a day.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast anymore, but some of my favorite breakfasty foods are protein-enhanced cereals (like Kashi or Special K Protein Plus), eggs with ham or turkey sausage/bacon, oatmeal with chocolate protein powder and peanut butter mixed in, and greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder mixed in and topped with berries.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I like having an egg and a small muffin and fruit. I used to eat high fiber cold cereal and low fat milk, but it's not as satisfying as it used to be. If I have a lot to do for the upcoming week, I'll often hardboil a bunch of eggs and then I can do a fast breakfast with still enough protein to keep me going.
  • eahill4
    eahill4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to watch my calories and I don't have time to make those I have 10 minutes in the morning
    boil some eggs. Keep them in fridge..crack open and go.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I read an article the other day about a trial where they ate Scrambled Eggs, and Wholemeal toast for breakfast, and those that did were less likely to binge/snack throughout the day. Personally going to give this a try myself. :bigsmile:

I have had two egg whites (I am allergic to the yolks) scrambled w/ 1/8 c shredded cheese on multigrain GF toast 4 of the last 7 days. 185 calories total and it has kept me full for 3-4 hours, depending on activity level. I HIGHLY recommend eggs for breakfast.
  • gman94568
    gman94568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In the winter I like oatmeal with fat-free greek yoghurt with some sort of berries.
  • bethiewilliams
    Options
    My husband who has 100lbs to lose is sated by oats so simpe or microwave oats. 220 cals for a pack and low fat milk. You cd always take a banana for mid am snack if desperate. 6 wetabix seems excessive to me..... But oats will keep you going longer. Maybe add yoghurt?
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I know this is not what you want to hear, bit get up 10 minutes early. And boom, you have time for a healthy, satisfying breakfast. Fats and protein actually help make you feel full. I have a 40g of fruity/nutty muesli with 80ml semiskimmed milk and 5 egg whites. This is about 250 calories and I used to eat that even when I was on 1200 daily. Now I eat more as 1200 didn't work for me, But this is still my fav breakfast.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats don't require any preparation in the morning. For me it really depends on the time of the month or what I do that day whether it will fill me up or not, but I have a lot of different things in the morning - eggs (either way) with meat and/or toast, oatmeal, yogurt... Heck you can have last night's leftovers too. But typically I need a snack around 10am or an early lunch anyway.

I agree though, wake up 10 minutes earlier if you can't eat anything filling enough in the morning in the time you have.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Something with enough fat, protein, and fiber to provide satiety for you...not a sexy answer by any means, but true none the same. I have found my go to breakfast that provides me with that satiety is a smoothie I make consisting of berries, fish oil, flax seed, protein powder, and spinach. My recipe gives me around 30g of carbs, 16 of fat, 44g of protein, and 14g of fiber...but my recipe is also 400 calories. If I cannot make my smoothie for whatever reason, I go with a high fiber and protein bar like from Quest. But again, this satisfies me...what will satisfy your hunger, only you can answer. Try something higher in fiber content and don't be scared of good fat...low carb diets work well for some people due the satiating nature of protein and fat, so they tend to eat less calories without even knowing it (not saying do or do not eat low carb, just giving you a reasoning).
  • michellelandis33
    Options
    try a hard boiled egg, A slice of whole grain toast with a Tblsp. peanut butter, and some skim milk and 1/2 of a banana. It will keep you going til lunch. Don't use simple sugar carbs. use the stuff that sticks there and holds you. Your body knows what it needs give it to it and see what happens. Think whole grain....like oatmeal, wheaties, good stuff.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options

I don't have time in the morning either. I make a crustless quiche thing and individually freeze portions for a quick zap in the microwave. You can premake and freeze sausage/egg muffins (like a McDonalds knockoff), breakfast burritoes, or sausage egg and potato bowls ... all made when you have time and individually frozen for later.

Two websites that have recipes:

budgetbytes.com
    skinnymomskitchen.com