What the heck? I <3 weight training (progress pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Lorelai23
    Lorelai23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Thanks for posting.
  • vtrujilloia
    vtrujilloia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - very inspirational! Keep going!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I've been up and down the scale for so long it hurts to even recap the repeated failed attempts. In a nutshell, I've spent the last several years damaging myself with whatever methods I could find to lose weight quickly. My 'fail safe' was always Medifast, which for those who don't know, is a meal replacement program that gives you 800-1000 calories a day, and restricts your workout routine to a max of 45 minutes/day and no eating back workout calories.

Imagine my surprise when I geared up to do yet another round of this protocol, complete with 'before pics' and measurements, only to see that after the initial loss the first week, nothing else happened. The weight loss didn't continue, the inches didn't budge. I had fallen victim to my own attempts at quick weight loss....living by what the scale had to say to me on a daily basis. After Medifasting for 2 months, I finally said to heck with this. I ramped up my calories gradually over time and by the time I was at about 1500 calories a day, I hired a trainer and nutritionist who further guided me. That was about 3 weeks ago.

I'm now eating around 1800 calories a day and lifting 4x/week. I believe after week 4 my calories and exercise are going to be adjusted upwards further. I no longer weigh in every single day to get my daily dose of happy (or kick in the face, depending on what the scale said). Instead, I've been relying on my clothes to tell me what's going on with my body. Jeans I couldn't zip 3 weeks ago now fit perfectly.

Take a look at what 3 weeks of lifting and not starving myself have done to my shape. Yes, it's only 5# down, but I'm just floored at the difference. Yes, I have a loooong way to go, but I'm not sprinting this time, and I look forward to what the next couple of years have in store for me, especially if this is what just 3 weeks gives me. (Note: The 'before' pics and measurements were done July 30, the new pics/measurements yesterday. My measurements were the same 3 weeks ago as they were in my July pics, which is why I didn't take new 'befores' :) )

EatMoreLookWeighLess-3weeksin-frontcomparisonweb_zpscd1d6784.jpg

EatMoreLookWeighLess-3weeksin-sidecomparisonweb_zps62f7d1d7.jpg
    Your progress is amazing! I lift heavy too, but my results haven't come THAT quickly.

here is MY before and then the same outfit just a few months ago
    10067067346_a131833b47.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

here are my best progress pictures so far, I just took them Thursday.
    10857455026_4d003227d4.jpg
    #fitspo #hardworkwins #nevergiveup #notacardiobunny by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
    10861448183_785538b1a7.jpg
    #yesisquat # musclemama by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful for you. Keep up the good work.
  • mi18agnes
    Options
    Great job keep up with the good work :flowerforyou:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Awesome results in such a short time!!! Wish more women would learn how awesome lifting can be for us!! I mean, the fact that we can eat that much, and lose fat is the best!!! :))) Keep it up!!! :D
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Nice job, Sarah! :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words. My trainer just increased my intake and exercise as I enter week 5 under his guidance with nutrition and lifting. I sit here planning my 2000 calorie days and reflect on the sad period that was just a short time ago when I was eating a mere 800 calories a day and wondering why the weight wasn't coming off.

Food is awesome, almost as awesome as lifting! And I'm not doing anything crazy here. I do circuit training with him 3 days a week in a small group environment, and cardio twice a week for half an hour. Well, that was the first 4 weeks anyways. I've just been bumped up to weights 4-5 days a week, 2 days a week of cardio, one of which can be longer in duration. Now that daylight savings is done and over with, my option to go on long bike rides after work have gone away. I've got a treadmill and eliptical, but bah, I look at those two machines and just think 'phooey'. I'd much rather ride for hours than do 45 minutes on either of them. LOL

Looking forward to the next 4 weeks. I'll post new pics then so we can compare. This is by far the most exciting 'reclaim my body' adventure I've ever been on. Let's hear it for FOOD! :D
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    How in the world did I miss your story 2 weeks ago?? This is amazing!! Fantastic!! I'm so glad things are working for you now. Eat all the foodz, lift all the weights!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!