Sports Bras

Options
Ladies, please help! I am having such a hard time finding the right sports bra. I'm doing activities like spinning, running, and cross training, so I need some support. My reg bra size is in the 34-DD to 36-D range, and those pull over bras with no padding are not cutting it. Any suggestions or comments on bras you have tried would be appreciated. Thanks, Char

Replies

• larocco328
    Options
    I am exactly the same size as you. If you are looking for bargain priced bras Target has clasp in the back Champion spots bras that work great they go by bra sizes. I use them for Zumba, running & spin classes. If you don't mind spending some cash Moving Comfort is the best you can order them off Amazon.
  • bahls24
    bahls24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bare Necessities.com little pricey but so worth it check them out.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am not sure where you are, so not sure if this would be available for you.
    I used Berlei Electrify Underwire - it says 50% less bounce and 10% extra if you cross over the straps - I cross over for running but when I do weights I leave it uncrossed as it does feel quite restrictive when crossed over.

Also a friend of mine fits bras professionally it is really helpful to get your size checked if you have never done it, most women wear the wrong size. I also got told (and didn't know) that you buy one that fits on the last clasps (usually the sports bras have 3) so buy one that fits on the loosest setting and you should close them on the tighter ones as the bra ages and stretches.

I used to (not doing this at the moment but it does help too) put a crop bra that is tight fitting over the underwire one as well and found that very useful.

Don't underestimate jumping in the change rooms to check out differences between the bras too!
  • jennifer_f
    Options
    I second Moving Comfort as they adjust in the back, shoulder straps (easily with velcro but they do stay put), and come in a ton of sizes and colors. Check out Sierra Trading post. com for good prices (and they always have coupon code out there as well!) if amazon is too pricey.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Pricey, but. I love my panache sport.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use shock absorber brand, I get one that as the hookeye like a normal bra. If I'm running I need to wear 2 to keep the bounce down
  • upsidedownjelly
    Options
    I highly recommend Enell bras.. They're expensive and ugly but dang do they work. titlenine.com has lots of good other choices too.
    Before I could afford an enell I wore an old regular (underwire) bra with a regular sports bra over it. It worked, just wasn't the most comfortable.
  • NeIIaBeIIa
    NeIIaBeIIa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a 34/36 DD too. Have always had trouble with the ones from department stores/target etc because there is still too much bounce! I like no movement at all.

A similar size friend put me onto Victoria Secret sports bras (VSX style) a few yrs ago. She sweared by them.... so I braved up and went into VS (I am NOT a trend, pretty bra kind of girl!). Went straight to the sports section, and have loved them ever since. Went and got a new one last week just because I am exercising multiple times a week and needed another. The old one is still in Perfect condition (ie no elastic gone crunchy etc) after probably nearly 3 yrs. They are about $45-$50.

They do have a little padding, which put me off initially (last thing I wanted was increase in size!), but I think that actually helps with the support, most others don't have that. Most of the padding is underneath, minimizing the bounce if you know what i mean...

Gotta just go try different brands on in the end! Good luck!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Seconding the rec for Enell! They've made a huge difference during my runs. The nice thing about them is that it's simple to figure out what size you need, based on two measurements you need to take. I got mine off of Amazon at a discount.
  • kramalicious
    Options
    For perfect stabilization of the largest boobs, get The Last Resort Bra. it hooks in the front, but I wear my under tees or tanks. Haven't used anything else since I found this one. Works through Zumba, running, Boxing, personal training, yoga, burpees, etc. No underwires, doesn't need them. OMG best bra for big boobs ever! If you need the best support around, try the Last Resort. It's not cheap but get a few of them and alternate them.
    You can wash it in the washing machine, and just hang to dry.

Title Nine carries it. Big boobs rock , but shouldn't when you are working out.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I wear 36 D as well and I have one from lululemon that is great!! Excellent support!
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same size as you. If you are looking for bargain priced bras Target has clasp in the back Champion spots bras that work great they go by bra sizes. I use them for Zumba, running & spin classes. If you don't mind spending some cash Moving Comfort is the best you can order them off Amazon.
    I second this. I run and am similar in size and these are the only cheap sports bras that work for me.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I use shock absorber brand, I get one that as the hookeye like a normal bra. If I'm running I need to wear 2 to keep the bounce down

/\
    l
    l

This:

Shock absorber brands are amazing... and I am also a 2 bra woman :(

Its probable not the healthiest way of doing things but I also go for a sports bra that is smaller than my actual bra (just for extra support) Its not like im wearing that one all day ;)
  • talk2me2013
    Options
    I'm not blessed with huge girls, but I have nice one's.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret high impact ones are nice and not as ugly as others. I like Shock Absorber & Moving Comfort too.
  • iggylove123
    Options
    http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-147215/champion-sports-bra-double-dry-distance-6209.jsp

I REALLY like this kind! I have 4! I'm not at big as you....I'm a full 36C or a smaller D but this bra keeps them in place :)
  • mfreeman00
    Options
    Title Nine (www.titlenine.com) has a great selection of sports bras, and I have found their rating for support is pretty accurate. Before I had a reduction surgery, the Last Resort bra was the ONLY sports bra I'd ever worn that I didn't have to wear at least three to even minimize bounce. Now I am able to wear a bit more variety :). But check out their sight--a great selection of products!! Good luck!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love my Under Armor Bra! It's expensive but boy it's good!
  • charlottesweb_21
    Options
    I really appreciate all the feedback from everyone, I guess now I will have to head out and start trying them on....also plan to be fitted by a pro again since its been awhile, thanks for the suggestion!