Are pantyhose EVER comfortable?

Options
I've been thin, and now I'm fat. I've never felt A-OK in pantyhose. Is it just me? Or do some women wear them with ease?

Replies

• Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Never...
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am one of the few that loves pantyhose. I make sure to buy them with plenty of room and if that means I need a size bigger, then I buy that. I have no issues with them sagging or being so tight that they end up sliding down (which would drive me nuts). I thing that buying them big enough is the trick.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    NO, and I didn't think anyone still wore them
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    No. I cannot stand them. They are always too tight in the waist, & it drives me crazy.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    lol I wonder why my Mom used to make me wear them lol I don't understand their purpose
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I actually don't mind them. I rarely wear them, but they can be comfortable.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    No, screw pantyhose. If you want your legs to look flawless, I use that Sally Hansen leg spray stuff, mixed with lotion so it looks natural. Not a fan of the pantyhose.
  • CycleFlow
    Options
    Hate them.... The only way I could see them ever being doable is if I had a completely flay tummy and no roll or skin for them to cut into and given me stretched tummy skin I doubt that will ever happen.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am one of the few that loves pantyhose. I make sure to buy them with plenty of room and if that means I need a size bigger, then I buy that. I have no issues with them sagging or being so tight that they end up sliding down (which would drive me nuts). I thing that buying them big enough is the trick.

I've heard this before, from a few different women as well as a fashion blog or two.. Evidently wearing them a size bigger makes a huge difference. I've also heard maternity pantyhose are preferable because they have an extra wide waistband.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I only wear them to help stay warm with dresses and skirts in the winter. But I have to make sure the waist falls just right so I don't have a massive muffin top :embarassed:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of them myself... but nothing looks tackier in a business suit than bare, pale legs (I don't tan either -- French-Canadian/Irish heritage). I'll only wear then for work and the occasional wedding/special event, and when I do I always buy them two sizes up to guarantee that they won't have a stranglehold on my thighs.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    The satin ones are really comfortable... the first time you wear it. Then after you wash it, it's itchy and sucks.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with pantyhose even though I rarely wear it anymore....only with a dress, As someone previously posted, if you buy them big enough, they should fit fine.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    bahahaha....:laugh: hate em!
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I wear the kind that stop at your thigh. They have silicon(?) strips lining the top to keep them from sliding down.

That way when they drive me crazy halfway through the day I can just pull them off like socks. :laugh:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Get a roomier size. I always have bought Queen size, as I am long-legged and smaller sizes always creep down!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The only time I didnt mind them was when I was thin. :huh:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I only wear them to help stay warm with dresses and skirts in the winter. But I have to make sure the waist falls just right so I don't have a massive muffin top :embarassed:

If I buy a pair that makes me muffiny. I cut off the waist band and wear my undies over top. Much more comfortable and it makes me feel like a superhero!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I love pantyhose - gives you flawless skin, removes any trace of VPL and gives you a really smooth line under a tight skirt. They also ensure your feet are comfy in high heels. The trick, I've found, is to buy the really expensive ones - they don't ladder, don't sag and don't get bobbly bits on them. I pay about the same price for a pair of pantyhose as a cheap pair of jeans (NZ$25-50) but they'll last an entire season (about four months).
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I hate pantyhose with a passion! Even with the perfect fit, they drive me nuts. Love leggings though, so wear those instead.