Saving calories

Options
Is it ok to save calories to have a blow out for a special occasion? Tomorrow night is pizza, nacho's and vodka galore! Best buddy at work's leaving meal and drinks, I've not used approx 1000 cals this week so it should more than cover the half pizza (i'm sharing). Or is it best to exercise like mad on the day after to make up?

Replies

• TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    IMO it's not beneficial to save calories. You should probably workout a little harder over the next few days to make up for the extra calories and fat. Also, drink plenty of water.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Everybody has (or should have, IMO) a slurge day once in a while. You've been good and as long as you go back to being good one day won't hurt you. It'll keep your body from getting into a rut.

It's like what my trainer says, "If one less than wonderful ride will ruin the horse, you're doing something wrong."

Just go back to being good.

1horsetown
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always do extra cardio right before going and drink tons of water. The next day I work out hard and eat very clean with fewer carbs.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Saving all week is not the way to do it. Work out before and after to burn up the calories.. Drink water between every alcoholic beverage.. Just don't use it to fall off the wagon for good. Once in a while is ok. Enjoy your day.
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My rule is 80/20. Be the best you can be 80% of the time and cut yourself a bit of slack the rest of the time. Everything in moderation and whatnot!

Just enjoy your night and drink lots of water so you are able to get up and work off that hangover :drinker:
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think that saving up cals may set you up for a binge. I know it would for me. You are better off eating normal, have your fun in a reasonable way, then get back on the wagon. Have a great time! No regrets. We all deserve some fun with all this hard work.
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We all need to have a break every now and then.

I usually take one day out of the week to just enjoy myself and eat whatever I want.

I reset myself the next day and continue to do my workouts and keep my calories at my daily intake for the next 6 days.

So as long as you don't fall off the wagon, you should be fine. Just make sure you do your workouts, for me I workout about an hour 6 days, this include cardio and strength training.