Just a thought

Options
Starting a diet to lose weight for a certain event seems to be a flawed concept in my mind. With my experience as a yo-yo dieter I dieted to lose weight, maintenance was never my goal, I felt better after losing weight then slowly put it back on. Maybe coming to terms with the fact that I need to "work the numbers" / log my calories and stay within my max, is what I will ALWAYS have to do ! The end game is TODAY , when I have logged and stayed within my "budget", NOT, when I lose 45 lbs. Well just a thought, maybe this post is just for me but putting it down somewhere might help it sink in!

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    That's the kind of mindset I try to keep. Especially when I get discouraged at how long it will take to get to my goal at my slow steady rate.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Agreed.

I have been on one program or another for about 12 yrs now. I started on WW after my 3rd baby and then in between my other pregnancies so I have been no stranger to this lifestyle. While I am trying to get in shape for a wedding... I had over a year to do so, it's not like it's a last minute "OMG I HAVE TO FIT INTO THIS DRESS!" thing lol.

And it was more of the motivation I needed personally to do what I already knew I needed to do and kept telling myself. "Ok, this month is going to be the month I get back on track..." And then I went and tried on dresses with my best friend and I almost broke down when I saw myself. That was the moment I knew I had to do this for myself... not only that but my doctor was threatening me with cholesterol meds if I didn't lose some weight, she gave me 3 months to get it down. Im 37 yrs old. Im too young for that crap.

So now I'm at a healthy weight AND Im going to look fabulous in my Maid of Honor dress in my friends wedding... doubleyay! :bigsmile:
  • 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi, kenthepainter.

I've recommended the audiobook "Intuitive Eating" quite a bit. Based on your comment, you may want to consider checking it out. I have a feeling you may find some supportive and helpful information.

http://www.amazon.com/Intuitive-Eating-Practical-Yourself-Chronic/dp/1591796822

I was actually just listening to parts of it again as I took a walk today. I find that I get a little something from it almost every time.

Best to you!

9thChakra