Time to get rid of the belly!!

Options
I need help! I have lost weight, I am now in the healthy weight range, however I would like to lose another 12lbs. I have this horrible feeling that I could lose another 50lbs and my belly will still look like it does now - post baby jiggle. How the hell do I tighten this up? I dont have a gym membership but my work has a small gym with some basic machines and free weights. What do I do to fix this? People tell me it cant be done because Ive had a baby but I refuse to beleive this!

Replies

• Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Let me know when you find out ... :)
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    The most likely answer that you will hear is "there is no spot reduction."
    However, I want to know what others have done for this because I want to have children someday.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The most likely answer that you will hear is "there is no spot reduction."
    However, I want to know what others have done for this because I want to have children someday.

there is no spot reduction, that is correct...

if you are a healthy weight then you just need to lower your bodyfat untill you lose the 'jiggle'... a small deficit (either TDEE-10% or set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week, whichever method you use) and some strength/resistance training 2-3x per week.
  • ElegantSlenderChic
    Options
    People are probably going to jump up and bite you about spot reduction...while it may be true that you can't spot reduce I've had a wonderful experience losing inches around my waist with zumba you might want to try it. good luck :flowerforyou:
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    its not about spot reduction, its about tightening up. I know how to lose fat, I just dont know how to tighten the remainder!
  • DenialTwister
    Options
    You could try yoga. Excellent way to stretch all muscle groups and work on your core strength.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I need this thread bump!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    :) as mentioned - you can't really spot reduce -but you can lose the fat and tighten... Eventually. I did insanity and have 2 weeks left of focus T25. I'm in the best shape of my life at nearly 45 years old and having had a nearly 10# baby and a baby at 40 years old! My belly is gone. If you are looking for a quick workout with results- T25 is awesome! Insanity is twice as long (up to an hour) but a great workout too!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    its not about spot reduction, its about tightening up. I know how to lose fat, I just dont know how to tighten the remainder!

You may regain elasticiy in your skin - it can take 12 months or more though. however if its just lose skin, it might be there to stay.