Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone else on here have CFS?

Hi - I started with MFP last Wednesday as I find conventional weekly meetings difficult due to my CFS - never know if I am going to be on a good day or a bad day. Would love to have some friends on here who are also trying to loose weight and get fit while suffering with M E or C F S whatever you prefer to call it. x

Replies

• I have CFS. One of my main reasons for getting fit is to have more energy. Of course I can't predict my health on any given day, but I can control how i take care of my body.
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    I have had it since about 1986, when it was lovingly called Yuppy Flu.

I have had periods of absolute 0 movement. Periods of energy when I was a full time aerobics instructor. Periods of great weight gain, when I was also diagnosed with anaemia.

I am now just about able to maintain the right amount of stress relief and movement to be able to stick to a weight loss plan. I have only just started exercise again, previous attempts resulted in relapses, fortunately relatively short lived.

Good luck in taming your version of the beast :-D
  • Hi - yes we can control that at least x
  • Thank you for your reply - I feel far less alone now x
  • jelibe
    jelibe Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I too have ME. I've had it for 6 years now and I've been stable, of sorts, for around 4. I'm unable to do most tasks, exercise (even a small amount of warm up tai chi kills me) or work. I was recommended here from a friend and I'm enjoying this app very much. In this month I've only lost a couple of pounds but I'm not discouraged. It's hard but I'm trying my best.
    I wonder if I'll be able to loose any weight that's near my goal, I'm at the start of a long road and that road is yellow :-) Let's all follow it together.
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Yes! Feel free to add me if you want a friend.
  • Hi, I too have ME. I am just about to start doing 5:2 again after a hiatus of nearly 2 years for a bout of glandular fever (on top of the normal level of ME). I use the app to track my calorie intake on fast days. Anyone who'd like to add me as a friend for mutual encouragement from someone who understands trying to lose weight with this illness is very welcome to. Good luck with it!
  • missvincent23
    missvincent23 Posts: 25 Member
    i have M.E & Fibro