ZUMBA BABY!!!

Options
Ok, first of all, can I just say that this is the first exercise program that I have actually STUCK WITH!!!! So with it being such a big hit, why is it not part of the lineup here at myfitness?
How many of you do Zumba? Do you like it? You feel like it makes a difference in your attitude towards xercise?

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!! YEAH!!!! Woooooo!!!! 2-4 times a week i do's it! hehehehe :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    YES YES AND YES lol. My guess is b/c the calorie burn can be so different from person to person due to height, weight, age, endurance, routine, music and instructor.

I've been doing zumba 3-4 days a week since February and wear a Polar HRM. It's the way to go, I can burn anywhere form 600-800 cals per hour of zumba. And all of the above factors make the difference.

Zumba :heart:
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have only been to one Zumba class. I really enjoy it. I calculated the calories based on the time for low impact aerobics. I have a crazy busy life so it's hard for me to schedule in regular exercise classes. But I've now lost 11 pounds and I'm 1/4 of the way to my goal weight loss, so I'm thinking that adding one weekly Zumba class to my two gym workouts per week is a good idea at this point. I just love that Zumba is FUN!

2040688.png
  • MandiPandi757
    MandiPandi757 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am a HUGE Zumba LOVER!!! I do it 2 -3 times a week. It is soooooo much fun! It makes burning calories fun and easy!
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I went last week for the 1st time & I'm planning to go next week. This week was cancelled at the gym due to the trainer's family emergency.
    I found some of the steps hard & I was kind of lost, but some of it was easier & alot of fun. !!! It's a great way to burn ALOTof calories.
  • kylesmom1402
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm so glad that you all love zumba!!! I think it is by far and away the greatest exercise out there!! SOOOOOO fun!!!!
    2498953.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I went last week for the 1st time & I'm planning to go next week. This week was cancelled at the gym due to the trainer's family emergency.
    I found some of the steps hard & I was kind of lost, but some of it was easier & alot of fun. !!! It's a great way to burn ALOTof calories.

Its always a bit tricky to begin with, but you will catch on! Its so much fun and a great workout. Keep with it!
  • MandyGirly
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!! It's so fun and doesn't feel like exercise at all!
    :heart: Zumba

~Mandy
  • johnnieb
    johnnieb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!!!! I've lost 11 #s doing zumba and eating better--in just 2-3 months!! It's the first thing I've been able to stick with too! It's so fun, even at 4:45am!!
  • susielewis
    Options
    I have the Zumba from the TV its great I dont have to go the the gym just the den
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My wife is a Certified Zumba Instructor and watching her and my daughter do Zumba together is a treat to see.

Zumba is a great workout and you will have fun doing it. I don't do Zumba yet, but I told my wife that one day I would like to add it to my workouts.
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I went to my first Zumba class last week and my second one this week. My hips, butt, and arms are a little sore, I LOVE IT. I definatley don't feel like it's a form of exercise but a form of funercize....LOL. Both times the I went time just went by too fast and wasn't ready for it to end......
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    LOVE :heart: LOVE :heart: LOVE :heart: LOVE :heart: LOVE ZUMBA :heart: !!! I currently do it 6 times a week but this week I will be doing 7 classes because I added a 1.5 hour zumbathon. Its such an amazing workout and it keeps making me lose the pounds. I have been doing it 6 days a week since the beginning of September but I still look forward to every single class :bigsmile:
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I started going to Zumba at the end of last month. I only go once a week for an hour because that's the only time I can fit it in. According to my HRM, I burn between 503-556 in one hour, depending on the dance routine she does and if I'm familiar with it. Once I get the moves down I should be able to move more and burn more.

I like it. To me it's a chance to get out and "dance." Plus it's a change up from my normal at home DVD routines. It can make such a difference to work out WITH people. LoL.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    yea Zumba! I am addicted too! I started doing it about 3 years ago in preparation for my wedding, and it worked so well and was so fun that I stuck with it, and now I am finally an instructor and teach 3 times per week :):)
  • kylesmom1402
    Options
    Wow!! I had no idea I'd find so many zumba lovers out here!! hahahaha!! I think zumba is great because it is FUN!! Any exercise that you can find that is fun is a great exercise, because it means that you will stick with it! And there is nothing better than that! I've also thought about becoming a zumba instructor. I would probably teach zumba gold, which is catered more for the beginner and the elderly. I think it's a market that not too many people think about reaching, and I think it would be fun! We'll see!