Personal Trainer Food Success Stories?

Options
Are there any Personal Trainer Food success stories out there? If so, I'd love to hear your tips, tricks and how you won using this meal plan service. I am in week 3 of the program and so far so good but definitely have had some hurdles. I have lost appx. 6lbs although they tell you not to get on the scale during the first 28 day program so I've been trying to go with their rules of engagement!

The food is very good and helps me eat healthy, perfectly portioned meals which is very hard for me especially being a single person. It is too easy to eat badly when you are single...not much cooking, eating out dinners and lunches etc. It's also expensive. PTF has saved me so much money as far as that is concerned.

I do struggle with being "bored" on this program (I only do the lunches and dinners) but the CEO says you are supposed to get bored because food is not supposed to be fun and exciting! lol. I guess that makes sense.

I have also noticed in week 3 that my appetite is nearly half of what it used to be...so that is a good sign.

My biggest issue is the wine. I need my wine at least a few days a week and you really are not supposed to have it on the 28 day plan... but I have still lost weight so I guess it is not messing me up too much ;-).

Thanks for any input, insight and success stories so I can remain motivated!! :-)

Replies

• missrussia74
    Options
    Hello!
    I finally found somebody who is doing Personal Trainer Food program. I've been on this program for 2 weeks and I really like it. It's keeps me from over eating and It's so convinient to take to work for lunch. I taste good and surprisily I am getting full after eating not so big portion. I ordered lunch and dinner program -with groupon it only costs me $199, which brings to $3.55 each meal. IT's much cheaper than buying food in our cafe or go out for dinner. And I cheat!!!! I know, I am not supposed to, but every weekend I am going out with my family. And eve with cheating-I still managed to loose weight. I am thinkin about buying this program again-this time I will buy full plan: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Please keep me posted about your progress and I will do the same
  • VGhan
    VGhan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you guys continued with PTF? I'm loving my first week. So convenient and easy. Going out, it'd be easy to follow the program by just ordering meat and steamed veggies. Just avoid rice, pasta, breads and potatoes. I feel like I could go out tonight and not struggle with having none of those starchy carbs. As for the wine, having that probably changes the way the plan is working for you. It's full of carbs and will spike your blood sugar. This leads to more cravings and such, per program. But if it works for you, that's what really counts! I can see this program being used by strict followers OR those who just want to have some convenience while following a low-calorie diet. It could easily be added to. Just my thoughts after week one.
  • Icandoit1174
    Icandoit1174 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started on the plan myself after purchasing a groupon. I haven't been hungry and am trying to avoid the scale as I am already an obsessive weigher!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I received a groupon on it for Christmas and just used it to purchase the breakfast, lunch, dinner plan. I receive my food next Wednesday. Any updates?
  • jcnjsgurl
    jcnjsgurl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was just curious to see how everyone was doing with this. I didn't think I would make it through my 24 hr fast but did. I just had my first PTF breakfast: cheddar omelet with beef sausage. I added a bit of salsa and it tasted surprisingly decent. I managed to workout this morning too. Will see what happens...
  • sherrireynolds1
    sherrireynolds1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the diet for 1 week. It is a good plan if your problem is portion control. I am trying to get that last 5 pounds off so I thought I would try this. However due to my current weight and workout habits, I have felt really bad the last 2 days so I added in some yogurt and apples. The food they provide taste good. The negative is it has sooo much salt. I purchased the lower salt foods but I am still consistently around 3Gm. Today I substituted oatmeal for one of their breakfast and my sodium was below 2500 for the first time. I would recommend this diet but I think as you get closer to your goal particularly if you workout a lot you have to make sure your calorie count doesn't get too low.
  • flutterbykb
    Options
    I used it last year, and had a great start. But, fell off the wagon altogether (not because of the food). So, I'm back on it.
    I don't do the breakfasts, as I find I have lower calorie options I prefer to do on my own, such as oatmeal, egg-beaters with something in it, etc.
    My primary reason for using this program is convenience. I don't have to plan, shop, prep or cook. I work long hours, so this is easy for me. It also provides me with a little discipline.
    To avoid boredom, you can make recipes using your items. For example, use Teriyaki chicken to make a stir fry, or Asian salad. You can be creative with little effort.
    I also add low-fat cottage cheese, or extra veggies, to supplement, if I'm a bit hungrier. And, I don't strictly adhere to their low-carb requirements. Sometimes, I include a little fruit. And, I do drink a little wine/alcohol now and then. I don't find it to be a setback, as long as you count it, drink plenty of water to flush it, and stay within your MFP goals.