Does anyone know of a safe and good cleanse?

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggests a simple 24 hour fast, drinking nothing but water. It's extremely safe since we can go many days without food as long as we stay hydrated, and it's as effective as anything you'd pay money for.

Like a legitimate doctor?
    Like an MD said to do this?
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Food works.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I do the one called, "having functioning kidneys and liver." I've been doing it all day every day for 43 years and it's wonderful, effortless, and I feel great.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    try the Pop Tart Cleanse... it really works and it's safe and it's delicious!

8386507578_ec2582dae3_o.jpg
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggests a simple 24 hour fast, drinking nothing but water. It's extremely safe since we can go many days without food as long as we stay hydrated, and it's as effective as anything you'd pay money for.

And what is the point of doing this?

Honestly, I have no idea. I've never done it. My guess is that it's more mental than anything LOL

Just guessing here, but maybe a 24 hour water fast would be good for someone who is sick? There are days where I feel super gross and sick and I don't eat much because I just physically can't stomach it. I'd probably be off just drinking a lot of water on those days (like once a year; but still. If this was frequent I probably wouldn't be on MFP because I wouldn't ever need to lose weight and I'd be super happy and would no longer be envious of women who are eternally skinny whilst eating bins of chips and stuff, but I digress:) Probably has to do with sickness. Especially since its a doctor. Or maybe it's a conspiracy and he wants you to not eat so that you get sick. I don't think water fasting for 24 hours would hurt you though! Imagine when we were cave people, we probably ate like once a week and that's why we all hung out in caves because we couldn't move. Fasting makes you super lethargic man. Well, until you're like 20 days in and then you're so hungry you're disillusion and think you have energy. God I hate fasting.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

tumblr_lk6jhgTnUc1qixleeo1_500.gif
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh, it's Monday indeed.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Soap. Any kind will do.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Tough on stains, gentle on surfaces

soft-scrub.png
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Try the Marshmallow Hot Chocolate and get back to me. They are deeeeeeelicious! Eat enough of them and they go right through ya. :wink:
  • lucylpd
    Options
    'Cleansing' is a load of rubbish. Your organs do that for you. Just eat healthy foods and minimise saturated fats and sugars!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Bleach and a good scrubbing brush

Turpentine cleanse just about everything....
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Try the Marshmallow Hot Chocolate and get back to me. They are deeeeeeelicious! Eat enough of them and they go right through ya. :wink:
    I am just beside myself with jealousy now. I want to do a Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Poptart Cleanse and I have not seen that flavour here! :sad: I will have to make do with S'mores Poptarts!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options

I am just beside myself with jealousy now. I want to do a Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Poptart Cleanse and I have not seen that flavour here! :sad: I will have to make do with S'mores Poptarts!

I hate when people post new food products that I pretty much restrict myself from eating that did not exist (or I didn't notice) when I didn't care. If I got fat from apple cinnamon muffin poptarts I probably wouldn't have ever started caring.

and I'd be poptart cleansing right now.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    water and then workout and sweat....all you need!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I hate when people post new food products that I pretty much restrict myself from eating that did not exist (or I didn't notice) when I didn't care. If I got fat from apple cinnamon muffin poptarts I probably wouldn't have ever started caring.

and I'd be poptart cleansing right now.

They came out last year. I haven't seen them yet this year, but I hope they bring them back. If you open the box and stick a zip close sandwich baggie in it right away, you'll have it ready to bag the 2nd one for later. /hijack
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Judging from the way my insides are feeling, Chipotle is a good cleanse. You can thank me later.
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have had a great experience with Dr. Oz's 2 day wonder cleanse:

http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-on-Cleansing-Do-You-Need-a-Cleanse

requires some juicing and broth making.

Works great over a weekend.