Boyfriend jeans, yeah or nay?

eileen0515
eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
Also who can wear them? Can a slender, tall, fifty something wear them? Too trendy for that demographic? How the heck do you style them? And what actually makes them "boyfriend jeans"?

I am just a few pounds from goal. I need to upgrade my wardrobe. I like everything I try on. But... at fifty something, just because I can, doesn't mean I should. Goals...Look current, look fashionable, yet casual. Not interested in the cougar look, ugh. Classy, but not matronly.

So any input from the fashionista's?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    i have no idea what you are talking about.

400pancake_bunny.jpg
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Neigh
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    I has no idea either...

f?id=51895f72eab8ea4633000027
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Guys, it talks weird. I think it's alive. Should we poke it with a stick?
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Well, I might be upset if you were wearing MY bf's jeans, but otherwise, I too, have no clue.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Just so people know what they are.

4-Ways-to-Wear-Boyfriend-Jeans-Small.jpg

ETA: I can't wear them, my booty is too big, but I do think they're cute on other people.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Try them on and see if they look good and you feel comfortable, I cannot wear them as I am apple shape, but boyfriend jeans are better on tall and slim people :)
  • Nay. They're way too baggy. Look like "mom" jeans
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    I prefer skinny jeans.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Just so people know what they are.

4-Ways-to-Wear-Boyfriend-Jeans-Small.jpg

ETA: I can't wear them, my booty is too big, but I do think they're cute on other people.

This .. doesn't help. What makes them boyfriend jeans? Is it the cuffs? The rips? The fact that they look like they were salvaged out of the trash?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    I don't wear them, but I don't wear pants much at all. I'm a dresses and skirts girl. But if you look good in them, I don't think age should factor into the decision of whether or not to wear them.

What makes a boyfriend jean? They are generally just a more relaxed fit, usually a medium or light wash and with some level of distressing, and are usually worn cuffed at the bottom.

As far as how to style them, depends on the occasion. Since they are already very casual in nature, I would dress them up with a fitted jacket (blazer or moto jacket) and pointed-toe pumps.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I think those are fine. And if you look good in them, I don't think there's really any type of jeans you shouldn't wear (except majorly ripped up ones). Unless you really like this look, I wouldn't wear these. These are mom jeans.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16732-1380142968-6.gif
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member

400pancake_bunny.jpg

Hilarious!! Can I use this?
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Yes, definitely!! I am 40 and love them, and was in France twice recently and saw SO many women wearing them--and they absolutely didn't look like mom jeans. I like them with some sort of heel or wedge, and a slightly slouchy shirt (or, like, a tight tank), maybe a scarf. They are great...now I sort of think of them as Parisian. But I live in Europe, and fashion seems a little more cutting edge and open-minded here (at least compared to Hawaii and CA, where I've previously lived).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member

400pancake_bunny.jpg

Hilarious!! Can I use this?

Of course.

ETA: I didn't make this, it is a meme i saw quite some time ago, and remembered it was out there.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Mom jean Yuk; boyfriend jeans need to stay on the boyfriend. They look tacky not stylish.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Honestly, it only fits certain body types. If you have an *kitten* and arent chubby then yay. If not, please don't wear them. THey are very unappealing if you DONT have an *kitten*
  • alfranklin23
    alfranklin23 Posts: 15 Member
    yes get one pair and rock them. If you don't like them donate and try something else.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Hahaha ,some of these are soo funny! I guess the verdict is still undecided...I live in the Sierra, so pumps with a heel are out. Blazer I can do, as long as it's casual and not too business attire. I have no *kitten*. I don't do distressed, I think that is for the young and trendy.

I feel like that bunny while I am trying to build a wardrobe.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Eff to da nay nay.

They pretty much hide all the beautiful curves that I prefer to see accented on a woman.