How do I add weight training at home with no actual weights

Options
2»

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    save your milk gallon containers..wash it out...fill with water. A gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs. Start there if you are just toning and trying to burn more calories. Of course like the others said with Body weight exercises. And basically just look for heavy things to lift. Also, check yard sales and flea markets. Can usually pick up dumbells and weights pretty cheap.
  • I do have some p90 vids maybe i can use those or do a few things from those in addition to my cardio...
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I also suggest Nerd Fitness!
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Pilates is also a good way to use body weight resistance.
  • cmcqb
    cmcqb Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the same question. I do squats, push ups (modified) and sit ups but when I add it no calorie use shows
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Use large books for side/overhead/up from hips arm lifts when laying on floor. Use plastic water bottles filled with sand or gravel for hand size dumbbells. As mentioned before, look at thrift stores and garage sales for weights. See if local physical therapy clinics might give you discarded theraputic bands, clean them and find Youtube videos how to use.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Buy this book: "You Are Your Own Gym". It's awesome, it covers everything, it gives you programs to follow, and it encourages you to design your own routine.
  • itsmandible
    itsmandible Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There's an awesome website called BodBot where they give you workouts based on what you have available to you - home vs gym.
  • cmcqb
    cmcqb Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BUT how do you log it to show caloric use. When you do not add in weight it comes back at 0 for caloric use