Lifting, Eating "Clean," and Muscle Definition

Options
124»

Replies

• jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    " I guarantee you if I was eating 2800 kcal of CRAP my body composition at this point would be much different. "

And exactly what basis are you using for your guarantee? Scientific fact or personal belief
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This should be interesting.

OP sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

This post goes perfectly with your profile pic I just had to lol :laugh:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this has been covered before, but most of the "clean-eaters" are not eating clean 100% of the time, and have their occassional treats... to keep themselves sane!

Why people want to split hairs over this issue is beyond me?

Because I'm a rule follower, despite my lapses of rebellion (caused by excessive rule following). I hear "all" or "nothing," because that's how the topic is always presented. I.e.: "Eat clean." To adhere to this, it means that I can't eat ANYTHING that isn't on the "clean eating list." :tongue:

But, I'm glad to see that if I'm eating mostly "clean," which I pretty much do, then I'll be fine with achieving results. Thanks everyone for their input! :happy:
  • emilynw10
    Options
    I'm pretty sure your body DOES recognize all of the million mystery applications of GM corn found in a big mac. It may not affect your weight, but it'll affect your health.
    Exactly which "mystery applications" are you referring to? That might be the silliest thing I've read all morning, and I've read some silly stuff on here today.

The website is in pdf, so it won't let me copy/paste: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/ingredientslist.pdf
    Take a look at the bun and sauce. Not to mention the meat itself.
    I'm still not seeing any mystery applications. I see pretty straight forward recipes. Would you feel better if they listed "vitamin c" instead of calling it "ascorbic acid?" There's nothing mystical, magical, weird, or harmful in any of the ingredients lists, it's stuff you eat in other foods on a daily basis.

It's just that those other foods don't require an "ingredients list."

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    If you saw an ingredients list that listed "glutamic acid, aspartic acid, glucose, sucrose, fructose, galactose, inulin, maltose, and phenylalanine" on it, would you eat it, or skip it?

There is nothing wrong with any of those things...

If you saw an ingredients list with MSG, azocarbonamide, red #3, hydrogenated whatever, aspartame.... would you skip it or eat it?
    LOL

MSG, you mean sodium GLUTAMIC ACID? Nothing wrong with it, as you already stated. Aspartame, you mean ASPARTIC ACID and PHENYLALANINE? Nothing wrong with those either, as you again have already stated. And did you by chance mean azodicarbonamide? I know that can cause issues if you inhale too much of it, but I'm not really into inhaling bread, I choose to eat it. And Red #3? The most studied, and safest of food colorings? You're just showing that you don't have a real understanding of food chemistry.

Also, the ingredients list I put up is a partial list of the ingredients in a navel orange.

Right, because eating things found in nature is the same as things things made in a lab. Again, we'll have to agree to disagree.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Most of what you listed is found in nature. And just because something is made in a lab doesn't make it bad. And just because something is found in nature doesn't make it good. Cyanide, for example.