Feel good foods?

Options
What are some healthy foods know to improve your mood? I'm always soooo cranky anymore!!

Replies

• rschlatt
    Options
    Please?
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    raw cocoa nibs
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    berries seem to boost my mood
  • rschlatt
    Options
    Never had raw cocoa nibs... where can I get those?

And I loooove berries, especially raspberries.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Are you set to 1200 calories? That might be why you are cranky.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hot coffee.
  • rschlatt
    Options
    I JUST signed up for this today for group support. I def eat more that 1200 calories a day, and nothing good for me... which could also be why I am so grumpy lol.
  • Trarbach
    Options
    I battle trama induced depression and this is one of my self treatments naturally. Dark chocolate, bananas, tonic water,salmon,oatmeal,eggs. These are my foundations without the change I would suffer much more and I have until I made them priority.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I JUST signed up for this today for group support. I def eat more that 1200 calories a day, and nothing good for me... which could also be why I am so grumpy lol.

I find that having a mix of protein, carbs and fat at every meal keeps me satisfied and not cranky. If I am unbalanced and have too much carbs then I feel hungry soon after. If I have just protein, that can make me feel "off". So it's not so much any particular food, it is the macronutrients in those foods.
  • raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy lightly salted almonds. good crunch and lots of protein and fiber. I also LOVE blue diamond almond nut thins- pepper jack cheese. maybe not super good for me, but also not bad for me :wink:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Anything with fat and protein that fits my calorie total for the day. The goal is to quiet the tummy, so I can do other things. :drinker:
  • ciki90
    ciki90 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love cooking, so making healthy versions of foods I'm craving sometimes helps -- spaghetti squash bolognese, cauliflower Mac n cheese, low-carb pancakes, brownies made with hidden veggies and beans, fruit and veggie smoothies with protein powder (tastes like a milkshake), pita bread pizzas, thin sliced & slow cooked fruit or veg for "chips" ... It's good to get creative when you're trying to be healthy! What kind of foods are you craving? Maybe we can all come up with healthy recipes that will make you feel great!

I'm also wondering, though, if you're exercising? That can be a wonderful mood booster! Even if it's something light, for only 20 minutes, it can really clear your head and get your blood flowing, your endorphins rushing. :)