What's your weird workout music?

Options
Onemoodycuss
Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
I'm a nerd, and my taste in movies, music, etc. are a reflection of that. I'm not a money making nerd like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. But I am a functional nerd unlike Sheldon Cooper. I can carry on conversations on topics other than Star Wars, Star Trek, or Joss Whedon. I've even had sex--at least four times...I have the kids to prove it. Yes. I am a functional nerd. But a nerd, all the same. And I own it. I like comic books. I like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Joss Whedon. I also like video games. I even like video game music. I workout to it. My wife--yes I have one--looks at me like I've committed a workout crime, because while she's listening to Bruno Mars and Maroon 5 I'm listening to the music that played when Master Chief took it to the Covenant, or that hellish music from the boss fight with Sephiroth. I get to replay the game through the music. It gets me through the last five minutes on the treadmill. How about you? What gets you through the workout?

Replies

• Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I like music from movies like Rocky and Rudy. I also started to convert audio from motivational videos on Youtube into MP3. Then mix them in with music. I love all the quotes and speeches. Kind of gets me going. Super super easy to do.
  • zombieyoshi
    Options
    Lmao. I love that you brought up sephiroth because that was my first thought reading this! I love the mortal combat theme song when I work out, although it makes me want to start throwing punches and kicks out too. MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

As for weird workout music (other than mortal kombat) bloodhound gang, ace of base, and even some bluegrass get me going.

Other than that- I like the typical rock music Korn, rob zombie, blink 182, the doors to workout to.
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I LOVE They Might Be Giants! Triangle man is a bully though. >.< Also, this isn't necessarily "nerd" music, but I love Sister Machine Gun to work out to, but it is the theme song from the OLLLLD Mortal Kombat games (Sister Machine Gun - Burn)
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Indie **** like Lana Del Rey, Death Cab, Christina Perri ...
  • Carolinejayne17
    Options
    Think i might be slightly out of place on this one...AC/DC..TNT or highway to Hell :p
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Video game music for sure, but GD is my go to. I love J/Kpop =).

I get really weird looks when people can actually hear it blasting out of my speakers. I'm basically translucent and live in the south, so it's not often you hear Korean rap blasting out of a Buick lmao.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I put my phone (which I play through my treadmill speakers) on total shuffle so I get all types from my music collection. Then I try and match the treadmill speed and my pace to the beat of whatever song comes on next, hitting NEXT on the really slow ones unless I am at the very end.

I also have a folder of known fast paced songs for when I don't want to slow down at all.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Think i might be slightly out of place on this one...AC/DC..TNT or highway to Hell :p

You might be out of place, but I am too, then! Highway to Hell got me almost to 4mph walking today! Along with Iron Maiden, Blondie, Chumbawumba, The Police(!), Mika and Queen.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Since you mention nerdy music that gets you through a workout I'll confess that I listen to "Rise" one of the instrumental songs from The Dark Knight Rises. It makes me feel like a bad*ss. And Then in my head I say "I'm Batman" in my Bale Batman voice....
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Indie **** like Lana Del Rey, Death Cab, Christina Perri ...

Christina Perri's new song "Human". Had it on replay for my whole hour long workout. She's amazing!
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @Mitzki5 -- I love that idea. I'd probably end up doing those stir up the troops speeches, though, like the president's speech in ID4, or Aragorn's speech at the black gates. "The day may come when the courage of men fails.... but it is not this day." That would totally get me through a set.

@zombieyoshi -- are you kidding about Mortal Kombat. I have that in a playlist I call fight music. I don't listen at the gym, though. They'd ask me to leave.
  • ereink
    ereink Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a secret obsession with Elektrik People's "I love my Life" It is terrible, and kinda want to 80s music but something about it is perfect for working out. It is definitely my guilty pleasure.

But more so than that I listen to the recordings of my college marching bands halftime shows, one of which is definitely a videogame show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2UaVcZPsYU
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bad touch-bloodhound gang, nuff said :glasses: