30 Day Shred -- every other day okay?

Options
Two words -- "HOLY CRAP". I'm so sore its not funny. I did NOT get up to do the 30 day shred this morning. Every muscle in my body hurts... However, I did do running last night. I wonder if it will still be effective if I do the 30 day shred every other day....and run in between?

Day One - 10/27 (at night)
Day Two - 10/28 (at 4:30 am)
Day Three - 10/29 (didn't make my 4:30 am goal, but maybe this evening)

FYI: I've got 10 pounds to lose

Thanks for the advice!

Replies

• kerrera
    kerrera Posts: 43
    Options
    i do it 2 or 3 times a week when i cant get to the gym. It definately works that way for me, interpersed with a run, weight etc.
  • tanias11
    Options
    i dont know but that is probably what i will be doing considering i felt the same way after. i did 30 day on monday and i was going to do it again on wed to give my body a rest bc the pain i felt (especially in my thighs!!!!) was unbearable. i did go to the gym tuesday and wed but i just couldnt. so of course i didnt yesterday either but i did go to the gym.

ive been going to the gym for about a month now and i thought id be in okay shape to do a dvd but no this dvd is no joke ha.

that dvd is INSANE but i can see it will work. i think every other day is better than no days! so whatever u can handle as long as you are excersing :)
    goooood luck feel free to add me so we can check our progress with this insane workout ha
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I use the 30 day shred for when I'm really short on time. It's an awesome workout. I don't believe you have to do it everyday so long as you do something... as far as the soreness goes... Nothing will help that soreness better than another work out. A friend told me that and he was right. I worked out when I was TERRIBLY sore and it jut stretched the muscles out and they didn't hurt anymore. Although, modify the movements so they are comfortable, you definately don't want to strain. I have been on level two for 5 days in a row and this time I want to keep going. Best of luck to you!
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    do u guys do the 30 day shred with weights or the one without weights?
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I've been shredding since the beginning of the month. I got through 20 days each day, but have been kind of taking it easy lately. Getting through those first few days is the hardest since you're probably using a lot of muscles you haven't worked like that. Push through as much as you can...the soreness will go away while you're exercising and will gradually diminish. Going up and down stairs will still make you feel like an old man/woman; but if you push through, it does get easier. It did for me and it seems to be working for the other people I've seen that have done it.

PS: I've been doing the one with weights since without is a little too easy.
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    do u guys do the 30 day shred with weights or the one without weights?

with weights
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've been shredding since the beginning of the month. I got through 20 days each day, but have been kind of taking it easy lately. Getting through those first few days is the hardest since you're probably using a lot of muscles you haven't worked like that. Push through as much as you can...the soreness will go away while you're exercising and will gradually diminish. Going up and down stairs will still make you feel like an old man/woman; but if you push through, it does get easier. It did for me and it seems to be working for the other people I've seen that have done it.

PS: I've been doing the one with weights since without is a little too easy.

Thanks grouch201... I am going to try my hardest to do day three today. That will be three days in a row.