One bad habit you would like to drop

Options
farmgirlrrt
farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
I'm told it's easier to drop a bad habit by replacing it with a healthier one. What is one bad habit you would like to rid yourself? If you'be managed to give up a bad habit what was it and how did you do it?

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Painting my nails daily! Not sure what to replace that with lol.
  • farmgirlrrt
    Options

Daily? You have got to have the biggest nail polish collection ever! Which one is your fav?
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely have to say my Sally Hansen #130 platinum. So gorgeous, looks like pearls haha.
    Can't think of anything to replace the habit with, though. At least cottonballs and fingernail polish remover are relatively cheap.
  • farmgirlrrt
    Options
    Maybe not replacing but cutting back? I hear you should let the nail beds "air" out. Not sure though.
  • HarleyFatboyFan
    HarleyFatboyFan Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I was a pack a day smoker for 30yrs and quit two years ago by going cold turkey. I used to wheeze when I tried to exercise, got tired just walking through the grocery store. Cold turkey was the way I quit. I decided one day I was going to quit and never looked back.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I think I should replace a bad habit WITH painting my nails! I love gorgeous healthy looking nails, which mine are not!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Some physical addictions. Silly but sad too.
  • farmgirlrrt
    Options
    I was a pack a day smoker for 30yrs and quit two years ago by going cold turkey. I used to wheeze when I tried to exercise, got tired just walking through the grocery store. Cold turkey was the way I quit. I decided one day I was going to quit and never looked back.

I'm always curious how people are able to quit smoking. I ask my patients their smoking history. If they say quit smoking....I want to know how. Most of their responses are the same as yours. They just decided it was time and did it. The ones who have the most trouble are the ones who live with other smokers and no support.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

I paint my nails every 2 or 3 days :) wouldn't change that but maybe not spending so much money on new polishes lol
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Hookers and blow. Need to cut back on one.
  • fur_lucks_sake
    Options
    I don't have any bad habits.
  • borapielk
    Options
    Getting distracted and creeping around this site.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I'm always curious how people are able to quit smoking. I ask my patients their smoking history. If they say quit smoking....I want to know how. Most of their responses are the same as yours. They just decided it was time and did it. The ones who have the most trouble are the ones who live with other smokers and no support.

I did it too. I tried the patch but it fell off in the middle of the day and I didn't want to waste a new one so I just decided to wait till the morning. The morning came and I decided to brave it. It was a weekend and hubby was home so I let him watch the kids while I "detoxed" (i could fall asleep standing up because of the withdrawal)
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Over thinking
  • MstngSammy
    Options

I did it too. I tried the patch but it fell off in the middle of the day and I didn't want to waste a new one so I just decided to wait till the morning. The morning came and I decided to brave it. It was a weekend and hubby was home so I let him watch the kids while I "detoxed" (i could fall asleep standing up because of the withdrawal)

So when the weekend was done I started P90X and it help a lot with detox. At first doing the cardio hurt so bad but I noticed that it got easier really quickly. I could take deeper and deeper breaths everyday. It was so thrilling I didn't want to look back.
  • MstngSammy
    Options

Well hookers blow. It's a no brainer IMO
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    procrastinating on my homework lol
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    ****. you too?
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    Bath salts as my pre workout.
  • visabsoluta
    Options
    Sometimes I dont treat people the way i want to be treated