Have you bought smaller clothes for weight loss motivation?

Options
Does it help?

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I have. not so much for motivation. I already have the motivation and I know I will eventually be in the size that I'm buying. they are my goal clothes, although not my end goal. just clothes ill eventually be able to fit in along the way.
  • nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do it all the time. It took me many years to fit into the first lot that I bought, but its a great feeling when you finally do it!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hanging on my wall, right above my scale, is an amazing vintage cocktail dress, size 8, no vanity sizing!!!! It is amazing motivation! I will wear that dress! (sooner rather than later, a loooooong way to go, but it will look amazing on me!) :bigsmile:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    No. I can't stand having clothes i can't wear right meow. If i buy something, I need to wear it that day.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of very nice (UK) size 12 jeans because they were less than half price. I'm one size away, I can just about get them on and zipped up, but you can almost hear the fabric creaking with the stress:laugh:
    I think that about 5lb will make them wearable, 10lb will make them comfortable and I can't wait!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    No, but I do enjoy it when I have go buy clothes and a fit a smaller size then I did before. :3
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    No.. I have done that in the past and it didn't work for me. Once I get to my goal, I will buy new clothes!
  • Swt3mari
    Swt3mari Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I bought years ago that I never weared because I wasn't liking my mid area. Then I gain weight so it didn't fit anymore. I was going to donate the dress but then I decided that I will make it my goal to one day wear it. I have a long way to go but one day I will be looking extra cute in that dress
  • Michealwho
    Michealwho Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought new clothes as yet, but I'm starting to wear clothes from my wardrobe that I have either never been able to wear or haven't worn for many years. Either way, it's a very good feeling and very motivating...
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pairs of motivation pants and a few motivation shirts. It does help because I want to wear them! Also I would love to look better in the clothes I already have. Plus I want to look better naked as well... lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no i dont do it because i honestly have no way of knowing how stuff will fit once i've reach my goal size. a dress style that work for my shape now might not look right when i reach goal
  • cazziepola
    Options
    im always tempted to buy a smaller size but i dont know i just dont. i know it would motivate me but ive not bought any yet. i still have some new clothes in my draw that are a bit small to motivate me into them :)

ive not long gone down a jean size so im not to fussed yet :D
  • monokon
    Options
    I have and do. I hang them right behind my door so I'm always tempted to look at them and wonder, "If I try harder, I can finally fit in these someday!" It helps keep my motivation strong.
  • lifelaundry2013
    Options
    Although I already have clothes in many, many different sizes in my wardrobe from years of yo-yo dieting, I have bought myself a lovely 40's style wiggle dress for a New Years do. My first goal is to be able to get into it and I am on target.

Looking forward to going on a voyage of re-discovery through my clothes as I lose weight!
  • ScarlettWindsor
    Options
    I did the last time I dieted at the beginning of the year. I lost enough weight to fit them by May and by the summer they were getting quite baggy. Autumn rolled in and I stopped working out and lost motivation to watch what I ate so the clothes are beginning to feel snug again. The feeling of fitting in those clothes was so fantastic at the time I want that feeling back so yes it does indeed help. I'm back on course again now and have bought a new dress to fit by New Year. Good Luck
  • RUGGEDGerit
    Options
    pair of 34 waist jeans hanging in my workout room, however, I like what another memeber posted about hanging a dress abover her scale. I wonder if I hung my jeans in the kitchen would it be more powerful. I plan to wear them 12/31/2013!!!!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I see mine everyday on MFP:wink:
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm just slowly stealing clothes from my sister. She has always been skinny, so it's fun to say "there are my sisters jeans!" :D
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    All the time! Last time when I lost weight, I had such a pretty wardrobe which doesn't even move beyond my neck anymore(not kidding) So I have packed it all and kept them in storage - to wear when I'm thinner again. I have one top from all sizes ranging from 22 to 14. And every now & then I try getting into a 16 I really like and keep imagining how long it will be until it gets loose. Sigh.

Dreams..
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a top that I wanted to wear at Christmas about 3 weeks ago. It's one dress size down from what I was then but it's a fairly floaty top so it's not an unrealistic goal. I have it hanging on the side of my wardrobe so I can see it every day and it does actually motivate me. I would say I needed to lose about 6-7lbs for it to fit well and I'm halfway there already. I definitely think buying slightly smaller clothes is a good weight loss motivation.

But don't spend too much as you may lose even more once you get to that weight!