8 days and 8 lbs lost - too quick?

Options
im sticking to my calories usually im about 100-200 under and i had weekend with alot even went over on one of the days due to my moms birthday party. but 8 days later im 8lbs!!

i just did 20 mins on my bike every day until the weekend. is it possible when i first weighed my self most of it could of been bloat maybe?

Replies

• katieme
    katieme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great result!

I always find the first week is always the best loss and it will even out over the coming weeks. The excercise will be helping boost your results.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    A lot of it was probably water weight...I wouldn't worry about it. Though, if your cals are set at 1200, make sure you eat AT LEAST that, not below, even by 100-200, and eat back your exercise calories. MFP sets your calories before exercise with the deficit already built in, so if you exercise, you're creating an even bigger deficit. It'll hurt you in the long run to eat too little.
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No - because you've probably lost only a very small amount of fat, the rest will be water and glycogen stores. That's good though, it means that your body is gearing up for fat burning. Just be careful about your calories. If you have a restricted calorie diet you should be hitting or just underneath your goal each day. 100-200 under maintenance is fine, but 100-200 under a restriction could see you not getting enough to eat.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Lol - bloat. Somebody comes from a dairy farm? yeah, me too.

I lost about 3kg in my first week and I wasn't going totally extreme. i think some is water and some is actual food in teh gut - switching to veges really helps clean out the insides.

and some is actual fat loss. :) Great job.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Not too much, but don't expect that to continue. The above post are all correct.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Nah just don't get discouraged when it slows down
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    depends on your starting weight, i lost 8-9lbs my first 3 weeks, 10 weeks later i'm between 3-5lbs a week, but i have a lot to lose total (160lbs to lose)
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    it's probably ~2 lbs fat, 6 lbs water. totally normal when starting. the food digesting in your gut from before you started dieting sticks around for several days, and before you probably ate a lot more carbs than when you started the diet. All foods, but especially carbs, are like sponges in your gut, holding tons of water until you excrete them. And water is heavy! A new calorie restriction = lots of water weight loss from your digestive system in the 1st week. You're doing great, just don't expect to lose more than ~2 lb a week going forward (unless your starting weight is pretty high, then maybe 3)
  • hopefull2014
    Options
    ive about 3/4 stone to loose so id 56 lbs to loose in total and it was the biggest ive ever been. i usually go under incase the food i put into the diary is wrong and is actually more if that makes sense. i just make sure i dont feel hungry, if im not hungry i dont eat the extra calories.