wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    A lady in the streets....

You were never a lady. :laugh:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Oh and the "if you could go back" part?
    I'd not be shy. I was HORRIBLY shy growing up. Missed out on some fun that way!
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was, admittedly, kind of an odd duck. I got along with everyone, but only socialized with my XC teammates. (only 13 of us- boys and girls) I went to school everyday, but typically did as little as possible to get B's and C's. I wore strange clothes and adopted weird habits just to be different. It wouldn't have been at all out of the ordinary for me to wear a bike jersey or my XC singlet (over a T-shirt) to school, just like football or soccer players did. I also went through a phase were I wore only flip-flops, regardless of weather.

My attention in HS was almost exclusively on racing mountain bikes, distance running, and girls. In that order. Grades were a distant 4th.

If my 'now' me met my 'then' me, I'd probably have beat me up. :laugh: I'm kidding.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    pretty much like I am now...just fatter.

Went to a small school, started in 5 varsity sports, was good/all district in 4 of them, high achieving student, and mr. goody 2 shoes.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I was awkward.

I haven't changed much.
  • wheird
    Options
    pretty much like I am now...just fatter.

Went to a small school, started in 5 varsity sports, was good/all district in 4 of them, high achieving student, and mr. goody 2 shoes.

Show off. I only played two.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    A lady in the streets....

You were never a lady. :laugh:
    Good point. You must have went to my high school..
    Awesomelady_zpsca517d81.gif
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was a dumbass. Like most teenagers.

LOL Me too. I've since come to believe that boys don't mature until the age of 25, until then we're as dumb as a box of rocks.
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    At the age of 20, I wasn't looking back on high school.

Dude, stop reflecting and get out there and have fun.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like this topic :smile:

Hmm... I was mixture of things in HS. I wouldn't say I was "popular" but I got along with & associated with most of my fellow students. I avoided the "popular" kids because I have never had tolerance for people who act like they're better than everyone else (which is what popular meant at my school). I never really had enemies, and I think that was mostly because even though I was shy when it came to making new friends, I also never cared what people, especially people I didn't like anyway, thought or said about me. The rare occasion someone would start a rumor about me or talk about me behind my back, they never got the reaction they were looking for and it was instantly like it never even happened :tongue:

If I could back and change anything, I would do the following:

1. Try harder to get better grades.
    2. Stand up to the teachers who screwed me over and were the main cause of my bad grades.
    3. Start living a healthy eating/more active lifestyle so I could stay 98 lbs forever LOL I literally weighed 98 lbs from 8th grade until after I graduated :ohwell:
  • wheird
    Options

LOL Me too. I've since come to believe that boys don't mature until the age of 25, until then we're as dumb as a box of rocks.

I was very intelligent, but my common sense took awhike to catch up. lol
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Varsity softball and football cheerleader. Smart but didn't apply myself. I ditched school so much my senior year I got a letter saying I wouldn't graduate if I missed any more days. I still have nightmares that I didn't graduate. Oh, and I was suspended three times for fighting :bigsmile:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same person I am now. More Hair. 42 years younger. A little less confident. A little more idealistic.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Varsity softball and football cheerleader. Smart but didn't apply myself. I ditched school so much my senior year I got a letter saying I wouldn't graduate if I missed any more days. I still have nightmares that I didn't graduate. Oh, and I was suspended three times for fighting :bigsmile:

The first rule of fight club is you're not allowed to talk about fight club
  • UnitedBoy83
    UnitedBoy83 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Awkward, very awkward!! I like to think I was a cool geek but in truth I was probably just a geek like I am now ha!!

And I loved my sports; I was in the high school football, rugby, cricket, basketball and athletics teams
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

The first rule of fight club is you're not allowed to talk about fight club

I'm far past the statute of limitations.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    cocky.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

I too was a 'box of rocks' and lazy even though most of my classes were Honors/Advanced/AP. Could've graduated at 16 but chose not to because I felt that I needed more time to mature (which ironically, was a very mature decision). Had zero male friends at my school (all attended other schools). My role was Mr. friend-zoned "you're like a brother", but in hindsight it was a good thing because most of those girls only wanted thugs and knuckleheads and I didn't need that headache.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    A certified badass
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I was a shy and introverted band nerd. Not much has changed about me. Now I am a shy and introverted lifting nerd.