if you could do something over in life what would it be?

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Every path I took, bad or good, got me to where I am today.

There is no going back. Move forward.
  • Bodyfreak135
    Options
    Not ask my ex girlfriend to be my GF she was my best friend 8 years before we dated now are relationship is ruined forever biggest mistake I made was asking her out looking back I would have never done it.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    Have said yes when my mom asked me if I wanted to change school. I was miserable there and the school I was at made no attempt to stop the bullying. But to me changing school seemed like admitting defeat, so I stayed in the poisonous environment and got more and more depressed and turned to food for comfort.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    so much sadness in here man, it softens the hearts :(
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Should have joined the military when I had the chance. Now I'm old and fat.
  • jhumkip
    jhumkip Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Study harder ????
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    My late teens, early 20's

yeah
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Every path I took, bad or good, got me to where I am today.

There is no going back. Move forward.

but this is a pretty good thought too
  • Firefighter4ever
    Options
    Have my daughter born 4 months earlier so my Dad could have held her. I miss you Pops.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    that topic title has a totally different meaning in British English.

I'm not going to do anything over because it's not a nice thing to do and I don't want to end up in jail....

Haha, I read that and thought the same!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would have finished college.

I would have skipped college entirely.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'd be more confident
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I would have put more effort into my sports career. I was always good in grade/high school, but once I got to college I didn't have what it takes.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Those three freaks in Cabo.

coming-to-america-spit-take-o.gif
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'd be a lawyer instead of an animator. A friend of mine is a lawyer and he gets paid great money for just being an *kitten*, really. I don't get paid at all for that and I'm at least as good as he is.
  • Tinydancer91
    Tinydancer91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would've never I started partying this past summer. instead, I would've quit the job I hated much sooner than I did and ACTUALLY started the good one I got hired for..and I would've told my bf how much I appreciated him.
  • loreefg
    Options
    Trust me. I'm a 67 year old grandmother and I think I get it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I can't think of much I would change in the past or do over again if I could, but there are some things I will do differently if similar circumstances present themselves in the future.

I've wasted a lot of time but I think that's pretty typical. Most of the time I did the best I could with what I had. Many times I wasted opportunities. When you're in the moment, sitting on your butt trying to figure it all out, you think, 'there's always later. I'll do it later'... And somehow, later never comes.

I've learned a lot of good lessons, and some of them have been painful, but I think everything has pretty much worked out the way it was supposed to. I have a lot to be thankful for. :drinker:
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I never would've screwed up my relationships so badly at my last 3 chances at real love.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I would have finished college.

I would have skipped college entirely.

^ Yeah, I almost said that, too. Especially my Master's degree. There's a good chance I would have been a happier, healthier person. (I won't get into the details of how my degree led to my career and how my career was just, ugh...) But I've escaped all that and I don't regret it, because past experiences - good and bad - are part of who I am. :flowerforyou: