Just curious.. Jogging 1/2 mile..

Options
Okay I am just curious to see how fast somebody else has jogged a half mile!! I am not a fan of jogging/running and I have never been able to jog for that long straight so be kind.. Today I wanted to test myself and see how hard I could push myself and to my surprise I jogged a half mile without stopping in 7 mins 22 sec. I know that it isn't the best but for me it is pretty good!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 6 minutes.
  • AntiSocialyte
    AntiSocialyte Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats :).

ETA:

It took me a while before I was able to jog even a mile without stopping. Currently my mile time is about 8 min 30 sec, so I can run a half mile in a little over four minutes.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 6 minutes.

This.

4 minutes if my kids are chasing me.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Well Done. I can remember when I finally managed to run 1/2 mile and its a great feeling. Keep it up.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    About 5 mintues. If I really push myself and it's the only running I'm doing I could do about 4 to 4.5 minutes. But I've been running for a while.

ETA: Keep it up! Before you know it it'll be one mile nonstop.
  • ArmyWife0523
    ArmyWife0523 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats :).

Thank you! Believe me if I tried this a month ago I would not have been able to but now I am in the right mind set and I am pushing myself every day!!
  • abickford82
    Options
    It takes time! :) I was jogging a 13 minute mile when I started, and my fastest mile now is an 8:24 (4:22 half mile) about 4 years into running.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    When I started running I could only run about 150 feet before I got winded.
  • ArmyWife0523
    Options
    Well Done. I can remember when I finally managed to run 1/2 mile and its a great feeling. Keep it up.

Thank you, it really felt amazing because I did not think I could do it
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations. Keep running!
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congrats - don't worry about your time (and you don't need to compare to others). Just get out there and keep moving!
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    6 minutes
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Last week we were running 800m intervals at the track and I was doing them in 3:21.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I just came off being busted up so I'm at about 5minutes these days
  • ArmyWife0523
    Options
    About 5 mintues. If I really push myself and it's the only running I'm doing I could do about 4 to 4.5 minutes. But I've been running for a while.

ETA: Keep it up! Before you know it it'll be one mile nonstop.

I cant wait until I can do a mile straight.. My goal is to run 1 1/2 miles in a little over 14 mins!
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    this biggest thing to remember with running is that we all have different reasons for running. i am not fast at all! i usually average a 12 minute mile. i also started off by running 1/2 mile. You are doing great! we all start somewhere. I run to finish. i try my best not to compare myself with others because this causes mental blocks for my running. you got off the couch and did it! that's what counts! Good for you!
  • hello_miffy
    hello_miffy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    6.5mph is around the optimum speed for fat burning in females, which is just over 9 min mile/4.5 minute half mile. It takes a while to build up to that level of fitness though. I have been running for about 6 months or so and can run half a mile in 4 minutes fairly comfortably but cannot really sustain that for very long so I run at 6.2-6.5 mph if I am going for distance.
    I began with the couch25k program which really helped and also did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to get fit as I was at a terrible level of fitness before and could only run for about 60 seconds before feeling like dying.
    Just jog at whatever speed you are comfortable to start with, speed is not important now and will come naturally with time.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If I'm taking it easy usually about 5 minutes. At my fastest probably just a little under 4 minutes.
  • ArmyWife0523
    Options
    6.5mph is around the optimum speed for fat burning in females, which is just over 9 min mile/4.5 minute half mile. It takes a while to build up to that level of fitness though. I have been running for about 6 months or so and can run half a mile in 4 minutes fairly comfortably but cannot really sustain that for very long so I run at 6.2-6.5 mph if I am going for distance.
    I began with the couch25k program which really helped and also did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to get fit as I was at a terrible level of fitness before and could only run for about 60 seconds before feeling like dying.
    Just jog at whatever speed you are comfortable to start with, speed is not important now and will come naturally with time.

Yeah I could barely jog a full minute a few months ago! I am doing X Factor ST at the moment and I think it is helping me a lot because I would never be able to just up and jog as long as I did!
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    Options
    I can do 1 1/2 miles in 8 1/2 mins.. Just saying you need to push yourself a bit more than that...