Do you have a strategy for Thanksgiving yet?

Options

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    No strategy for Thanksgiving same go for Christmas. I got 363 days of the year to worry about instead.
  • Dr_Gains
    Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thanksgiving falls on my training day so regardless will workout that morning then enjoy good food and time with family.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    eat as much as possible! I'm bulking :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My strategy was to cook at my house and have both my and my husband's family over. But that is not to be, so again we will be attending 2 full on Thanksgiving meals where I control only one or two side dishes. I will be way over on calories and uncomfortably stuffed, but I'll enjoy the food and time with family. I'll undo the damage later.

BUT, I must say that this:

"Stuffing Stuffed Onions (using a recipe. I figure I will eat less stuffing this way) "

Sounds completely wonderful and delicious to me. Can you share the recipe?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Didn't read any responses...

My strategy:
    Eat the foodz, all of it!

I'm doing a 5k that AM.
    And the food my aunt serves at Thanksgiving dinner is not that appealing so I will eat my norm T-day meal.
    A drumstick, green beans that aren't warm enough, and some mashed potatoes.
    Then an hour later, half an apple pie.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Instead of cranberry sauce I'm going to make Raspberry Ketone sauce.which should pair nicely with my green turkey smoothie.

I'm glad I didn't have any sort of beverage in my mouth when I read this comment because it would have been snorted at my laptop! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My strategy- free day! Eat ALL the foodz!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Lift from 4:30-5:30am. Hoops 6:30-8:00am.

Eat and drink everything in site. 10:00am-??
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5k Thanksgiving morning, so I'll be running pretty much every day up until then.

After that... we live far from our families and only my MIL and FIL are traveling in to spend the holiday with us. Life is too short to waste calories on turkey, so we are having crab legs, paired with a nice green vegetable and some potatoes for dinner. My FIL likes apple pie and my son likes pumpkin pie, so that will be dessert--I can easily resist both.

I'm not going to gorge myself, but I will enjoy my meal, and will probably have a nice glass of wine to go along with it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    - I will allow myself 2 bites each of my favorite thanksgiving dishes: pumpkin cheesecake, 3 meat stuffing, apple and raisin stuffing.

god that's a depressing sentance.

Why do you get depressed by the eating habits of others?
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    My strategy is to say no to everything except for stuffing and pumpkin pie. Then I'll hide in the bathroom to do some jumping jacks.
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It is just one day and I am going to treat it as such. I will eat what I need to fuel my body, workout, drink a couple of beers, and watch some football.

I am not going to sweat it because if I do go over, there is always tomorrow! My changes made to my life will not be destroyed because of one day.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Other than adding a 5k Turkey Trot to my day I am just going to enjoy the glory of ALL the food! :)
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Eat as much Turkey, ham, pot roast as i can, rest for an hour or two, and eat as much dessert as i can
  • SarahBethS
    SarahBethS Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "It's one day...i didn't get fat because of a holiday, birthday, or other special OCCASION...I got fat because I treated everyday like a holiday and didn't move. "

Exactly. I want to lose weight and all, but I also want to enjoy my holidays with my family and friends.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm having the 1 meal, anything I want, then that's it. Calling it a day.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to enjoy the time with my family. I plan on eating everything, I just want to be careful of my portions. My mom's stuffing is the best, but I don't need to eat the equivalent of 8 slices of bread when I'm having the stuffing. I also don't really need to eat every time I walk past the kitchen. Breakfast lunch and dinner is all I need. Eat what I want, just in reasonable amounts, and be ok when I go over my allowed calories for the day. That is my strategy.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    My strategy will be to eat turkey, stuffing, and at least two pies. I like my plan.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    To eat food. This will be my 3rd Thanksgiving since joining MFP. I always just eat small portions of everything I want to try. Then I get seconds of those that I like the most. It's not a strategy per se, just the way I live.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It is the day after Wednesday. The plan applies, the calerie count applies, the nutritional balance applies. This is one way to understand what "Lifestyle change" really means.

That's crazy. My lifestyle change doesn't include not enjoying traditional feasts a few times a year.

My strategy- I'm cooking my traditional thanksgiving dinner, and I'll be eating in moderation rather than gorging til I want to puke.