Ripped in 30 Buddies!! Start Nov 20th

Options
Hi Everyone

A bunch of us are just finishing up the 30 day shred and planning to move on to Ripped in 30 next. We have a great thread going where we update each day as we get through the 30 days and it's great for motivation, support, accountability etc. So, here's a Ripped in 30 thread where hopefully anyone currently doing RI30 or looking to start it soon will join us!

There's still time to make a difference before Christmas so hope there are some of you out there so we can all help each other stay motivated :happy:

Ola

Replies

• MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'll be joining in!
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yay! Knew I could count on you :drinker:
  • rdudderar
    Options
    I'm joining too. I've never worked out with an online group, so I'm excited to try it out. I'm just not sure how to find you guys here.
    Can you send me some basic instruction on how to do the online portion of it. Thanks.
    By the way, I'm a mom to a 1.5 year old little girl. I started running when she was born and ran 3 half-marathons. I was in the best shape of my life. For the past 6 months, with change of job and schedule I stopped exercising entirely. I realized I need some quick, in-house work out if I'm going to stay active.
    Looking forward to this.
    Raquel
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    what the hell, I'm in!
  • olalola1981
    Options
    I'm joining too. I've never worked out with an online group, so I'm excited to try it out. I'm just not sure how to find you guys here.
    Can you send me some basic instruction on how to do the online portion of it. Thanks.
    By the way, I'm a mom to a 1.5 year old little girl. I started running when she was born and ran 3 half-marathons. I was in the best shape of my life. For the past 6 months, with change of job and schedule I stopped exercising entirely. I realized I need some quick, in-house work out if I'm going to stay active.
    Looking forward to this.
    Raquel

Hi Raquel!

You should be able to find this thread again by going into the 'My Topics' area in the message boards section. So, the online portion is just checking in on this thread, giving a quick update about what workout you've done (eg Week 1, Day 1) and how you found it - what's easy, what you're struggling with. It's just a fun way to share tips and experiences but most of all gives us a place to keep ourselves on track.

On our 30 day shred thread I've replied after almost every workout, just to say what day i'm up to, anything that was particularly difficult or which muscles hurt etc, but that's what works for me because it keeps me honest about it and makes me get up and do the workout on days when I don't feel motivated. I know for a lot of people it's a more sporadic thing, maybe just when looking for advice from other people following the same workout program at the same time.

Good luck and enjoy (hopefully!!)

Ola
  • olalola1981
    Options
    what the hell, I'm in!

Yay!! We've got this, burn a tonne in the next month so we can reward ourselves at Christmas :laugh:
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    what the hell, I'm in!

Yay!! We've got this, burn a tonne in the next month so we can reward ourselves at Christmas :laugh:

HolidayWeightGain.jpg
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just finished Ripped in 30 and I think I want to do it again! If you all finished 30DS, then you'll love this one. I feel like it goes by quicker and it has a new set of excersizes each week (4 levels total). You know how it was when you're on day 6 of the 30DS and you like "will I EVER get to the next level?" After 5 or 6 days you can move on . . .and with a rest day or two thrown in :). It is pretty challenging and you'll need to get use to planks, but as always she has a modifier and I found it not to be as hard on my knees.

I'd love to start with you on the 20th but I'm scheduled for minor surgery tomorrow so I may jump in whenever my Dr gives me the OK. Have fun and I'll catch-up when I can.
  • Eryan0406
    Eryan0406 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did 30DS in Spring & tried to move on to 6 week 6 pack but didn't finish :( I hope being in a group will keep me honest & help me get it done!
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi

I did Day 1 of Week 2 today, so I'll join!! I'm only doing Mon - Fri, with Sat & Sun off. However, I will only manage 3 days this week, and 4 days next week, so will do level 2 for these 7 days.

When I did 30 Day Shred, there was a Group created for it, maybe we could make one for Ripped in 30, what do you's think??
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Motivation.jpg

(Also posted this on the 30 Day Shred...apologies to those of you who are following both threads. But I guess this was worth seeing twice, right? :wink: )
  • olalola1981
    Options
    I just finished Ripped in 30 and I think I want to do it again! If you all finished 30DS, then you'll love this one. I feel like it goes by quicker and it has a new set of excersizes each week (4 levels total). You know how it was when you're on day 6 of the 30DS and you like "will I EVER get to the next level?" After 5 or 6 days you can move on . . .and with a rest day or two thrown in :). It is pretty challenging and you'll need to get use to planks, but as always she has a modifier and I found it not to be as hard on my knees.

I'd love to start with you on the 20th but I'm scheduled for minor surgery tomorrow so I may jump in whenever my Dr gives me the OK. Have fun and I'll catch-up when I can.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm actually excited to start tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll regret saying that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Feel free to join in anytime :flowerforyou:
  • olalola1981
    Options
    I'm in! I did 30DS in Spring & tried to move on to 6 week 6 pack but didn't finish :( I hope being in a group will keep me honest & help me get it done!

Having the thread to update is the only thing that made me get off my butt and do the shred on some days! Great accountability and great support which I'm totally gonna need with all the Christmas parties and treats coming up :ohwell:
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Hi

I did Day 1 of Week 2 today, so I'll join!! I'm only doing Mon - Fri, with Sat & Sun off. However, I will only manage 3 days this week, and 4 days next week, so will do level 2 for these 7 days.

When I did 30 Day Shred, there was a Group created for it, maybe we could make one for Ripped in 30, what do you's think??

Fantastic, keep us updated on how you're getting on :happy:

A group sounds like a good idea! I don't know how any of that works... I'm not very tech savvy, but if anyone wants to start one that would be fab :happy:
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'll look into creating a group, and if I manage it, I'll send you all invites!!

:smile:
  • carolinehowells
    carolinehowells Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. How many days a week do you do?
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Hey, I'll look into creating a group, and if I manage it, I'll send you all invites!!

Great! If you succeed, I have a BIG request...can we keep the group SIMPLE? I was in a similar group for a different workout where there was a new thread for every single day of the workout...that really got confusing and hard to follow. May I humbly suggest that we just have a few threads in the group...like maybe the following:

--Introduce yourself thread where we can tell about ourselves and maybe give any info we feel comfy including like starting weight and/or measurements
    --Level 1 Discussion
    --Level 2 Discussion
    --Level 3 Discussion
    --Level 4 Discussion
    --FINISHED! Where we can give our success stories and report what progress we made.

***Edited to add: I hope what I typed above did not come across as either bossy or critical of other groups. I did not mean it that way at all. I just noticed that I found it harder to have a sense of community and encouragement when I was previously in a 30 Day Shred group that had a new thread for every day of the workout. While some of the other groups I have participated in with less threads are easier to keep up with and cheer each other on! :smile:
  • olalola1981
    Options

Great! If you succeed, I have a BIG request...can we keep the group SIMPLE? I was in a similar group for a different workout where there was a new thread for every single day of the workout...that really got confusing and hard to follow. May I humbly suggest that we just have a few threads in the group...like maybe the following:

--Introduce yourself thread where we can tell about ourselves and maybe give any info we feel comfy including like starting weight and/or measurements
    --Level 1 Discussion
    --Level 2 Discussion
    --Level 3 Discussion
    --Level 4 Discussion
    --FINISHED! Where we can give our success stories and report what progress we made.

***Edited to add: I hope what I typed above did not come across as either bossy or critical of other groups. I did not mean it that way at all. I just noticed that I found it harder to have a sense of community and encouragement when I was previously in a 30 Day Shred group that had a new thread for every day of the workout. While some of the other groups I have participated in with less threads are easier to keep up with and cheer each other on! :smile:

I totally agree - I've been put off groups that are too complicated/have too many threads to follow. This sounds like a good plan and should keep us all in and around the same threads so we're able to give/get support when we need it :smile:
  • ambardi
    ambardi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in. This would be my first time posting on a board but I just started Ripped in 30. Today would be Day 3 Week 1 for me. I guess I should set up my profile ;)