Any way to fade stretch marks?

Options
After losing over 50 pounds (before I joined this site) I have ugly stretch marks on my stomach. Anybody know a way to help make them fade?

Replies

• BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am using Bio-Oil. It was recommended to me. I get it at Costco for $20 for a big and small bottle in a package. It has independently backed up claims of helping prevent and helping relieve stretch marks. I am using it for helping to prevent loose skin after weight loss and intense moisturizing . The instructions tell you the best results are after 3 months of continual use as directed. So far, after a couple of months, I do like what I see. Give it a try and tell me what you think for the stretch marks.
  • witchtea
    witchtea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying there isn't a way to get rid of them, but I haven't had any luck personally. :( What I do is get some sun in the summer which seems to mask them a bit, and when I'm in a bathing suit I use a tinted moisturizer and forgetaboutit! ;)
    Some folks say that creams help but I have my doubts...
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    time
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Time
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am using Bio-Oil. It was recommended to me. I get it at Costco for $20 for a big and small bottle in a package. It has independently backed up claims of helping prevent and helping relieve stretch marks. I am using it for helping to prevent loose skin after weight loss and intense moisturizing . The instructions tell you the best results are after 3 months of continual use as directed. So far, after a couple of months, I do like what I see. Give it a try and tell me what you think for the stretch marks.

I used bio oil on a scar on my face after i split my upper lip. Worked a treat! Haven't used it on my stretch marks though.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    this probably isn't helpful at all but i was the opposite, i had horrible stretch marks before losing weight and once i lost it they started to fade from red to pink and now they're white/hardly visible.. i've used vitamin e oil in the past but that's supposedly to "prevent" them so i have no clue
  • Chris_B62
    Chris_B62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Using Triple A Antibiotic will help minimize the scar of a healing wound. It may or may not help with stretch marks. You might google it and see if there is any info out there on this. Good Luck
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    They eventually fade to a silvery colour like all scars do, but they won't go completely. I use tanning lotion to blend them in a bit if im wearing shorts or a bathing suit. Scars don't tan so a regular tan just contrasts against them more.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have been using Palmers Skin Therapy Oil. It is about half the price of Bio-oil (mine was $8) and it actually seems to be working a bit on stretch marks and leaves my skin silky smooth.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I wonder why some stretch marks are light (like mine) and some are dark?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    elastin3.jpg

Elastin 3. This stuff worked amazingly well for me. It's not cheap, but it worked. It's about $50/bottle, and I'd recommend getting two bottles, of you have stretch marks on more than one are of your body, like belly AND thighs. You'll run out before both areas completely fade. I learned that the hard way.
  • 1debbie123
    1debbie123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    aloe vera gel from the plant does wonders for anything ...I use it for moisturizing my face body whatever ..it is very refreshing a rejuvenates me...I put it on before bed, let it dry and wash off in the morning....I haven't lost the weight yet but do have some marks from my 22 year old and wish I had of done it back then...hasn't faded them but I haven't been diligent doing it either ...whenever I can at night I try. I have a big plant in the sun room and take a leaf as needed. A friend of mine said his mother use to take the leaf put it in a baggy in fridge it get's all yellow and disgusting and take it out as needed, if you leave it out it drys up quicker.
  • jeffhalter
    Options
    bodybuilders use to use vitamin e lotion and add extra vitamin e to it by cracking open vitamin e capsuls.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    2 kids has taught me nothing but time will fade stretch marks.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you gain/keep stretch marks is more to do with your genetics, I've heard.

That said, I used cocoa butter throughout pregnancy and didn't get any.

I also find bio oil really good conditioning for the skin so even if it didn't fade your stretch marks, it will feel nice anyway.

While I didn't get stretch marks, I've had some deep scarring from chicken pox in adulthood and they are -slowly- fading.
  • ElegantSlenderChic
    Options
    Bio oil really does work. I used it throughout my pregnancies and still do. I have stretch marks but they are very faint and almost pretty :blushing: You earned your tiger stripes, wear them with pride.:flowerforyou:
  • ElegantSlenderChic
    Options
    I forgot to add- well done for losing the big 5.0. you should be thrilled with yourself!!
  • Tish
    Tish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bio oil is amazing but so is coconut oil, smother yourself in these as much as ya can, they might go completely but will definitely help.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter, but honestly who cares? Everyone has em, guys girls, big or small we all still get em
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Don't waste any money on any oily stuff.

Stretch marks occur when the connections in the dermis, the inner layers of the skin, break. It doesn't matter what you rub into the outer layers of your skin, the damage has occurred under that layer.

It would be like spending money on oil to rub into your skin to fix a broken leg.