Cottage Cheese....Help!

Options

Replies

• AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    I love mine with sunflower seeds and pepper. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's lovely with gherkins/pickles chopped into it or a spoon of your favourite jam with sugar or a sugar free version as you prefer.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I prefer Breakstone's brand and will eat it right out of the carton plain. I mix it with a diced peach snack cup often, too.

Why eat it if you don't like it? What's wrong with regular cheese?
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    If you like peanutbutter try throwing in 2 tbsp of ANPB...straight up protein heaven. I've mixed everything in cottage cheese from scrambled eggs, whey, PB, sugar free jello (was actually really good). Out of them all PB and jello were my faves.

The cool thing is you can buy like 12 cups from WM for 3.00 and they are all assorted, sugar free flavors..lemon lime cottage cheese mmmm
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Cottage cheese tends to be high in sodium, low in taste, maybe Greek yogurt instead?

This - It's my before bed snack with granola, raspberries and a little honey.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with just salt & pepper ,but I will sometimes put fruit in it. A small amount of lite ranch dressing kicks the flavor up a notch also.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you feel like you must eat it, but you should try different brands. They're all so different and maybe you'll find one you like. My fave is the off brand from walmart... It's not so "cheesy".
  • hollyanne572
    hollyanne572 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese only tastes remotely good when you grill it under the oven on toast.

But apart from that blek, it's like eating a tub of cellulite.
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It took me a long time to love cottage cheese but I was also determined to make it a staple in my diet because it's got so much protein. I eat Hood low fat no salt added cottage cheese. (I try to keep my sodium in check because hypertension runs in the family.) I use it instead of salad dressing on a salad with lots of ingredients (e.g. chicken, beets, carrots, chia seeds, dried cranberries, etc.). I'll sometimes mix it with some low sugar strawberry jam and that's pretty tasty. I have recently taken to adding some ranch mix/powder and using it as dip with Tostitos. On days when I don't have a lot of calories but need to up my protein, I've been known to do weird, unappealing things like mix cottage cheese with PB2 and shovel it down, lol. (It actually tastes better than it sounds.)
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I believe that the answer to your question is "nothing on God's green earth". I personally think cottage cheese is disgusting and nothing can make it edible, even a 5 lb bag of sugar. It's one of less than five foods that I detest.
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you like peanutbutter try throwing in 2 tbsp of ANPB...straight up protein heaven. I've mixed everything in cottage cheese from scrambled eggs, whey, PB, sugar free jello (was actually really good). Out of them all PB and jello were my faves.

The cool thing is you can buy like 12 cups from WM for 3.00 and they are all assorted, sugar free flavors..lemon lime cottage cheese mmmm

Haha, I see you use peanut butter in cottage cheese also - whew, now I don't feel so weird!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese (about 1/2 cup) with egg whites (about 1 cup). I love how melty it gets when I put the eggs on top of it. :)
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    fruit!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I eat 4%. Generally I only eat it plain or mixed with ranch dressing mix to put on salads.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i guess you can try some of these suggestions, but if you don't like it, don't eat it :smile:
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Mashed bananas ... Yum ...
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Brand makes all the difference in the world! I never eat fat free - taste like crap. I buy the Trader Joe's small curd and I love it with salt and pepper. I recently ran out and was not at Trader Joe's so I bought Horizons...awful! If I tried Horizons first I would not be a cottage cheese eater today. Shop around and buy other brands to try.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Brand makes all the difference in the world! I never eat fat free - taste like crap. I buy the Trader Joe's small curd and I love it with salt and pepper. I recently ran out and was not at Trader Joe's so I bought Horizons...awful! If I tried Horizons first I would not be a cottage cheese eater today. Shop around and buy other brands to try.

This ... The small curd is definitely better texture-wise ... I like Friendship 4% (Dark Blue container) ...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I honestly like cottage cheese plain. But this thread is completely grossing me out, lol. Mixing fruit and anything sweet with cottage cheese is a weird gag-reflex thing for me it just makes me sick...ewww
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I always eat it plain. I want some now!

Cottage cheese in eggs sounds interesting!