evening binging

Options

Replies

• jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HELLO FRIENDS....I WENT TO MY DOCTOR TODAY AND GOT SOME OF MY HEALTH ISSUES FIGURED OUT AND NOW IM IN THIS 100% SO I WILL BE LOGGING EVERYTHING AND I WILL BE LOOKING AT YOUR STUFF AND IF YOU GUYS WANT I WILL GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS AS I WILL WANT THEM FROM YOU ALSO...WE ARE ON THIS JOURNEY TOGETHER AND THROUGH THESE HOLIDAYS WE CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT...I HAVE 30 LBS TO LOSE AND IT STARTED BECAUSE OF MEDS..QUITTING SMOKING...AND A LONG TRIP TO PRISON 5 YEARS BACK AND I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD GO BACK TO MY 150 5'9 WEIGHT......SO I HAVE SAT HERE FOR 5 YEARS THINKING ITS JUST GONNA HAPPEN AND MY OLD METABOLISM WOULD COME BACK....WELL MY PROGRAM RIGHT NOW IS 4 MILES WALKING 5 DAYS A WEEK...WHICH I STARTED LAST WEEK....AND I EAT PERFECT ALL DAY AND AFTER DINNER OR WHEN MY BINGE COMES...VEGGIES VEGGIES AND MORE VEGGIES...THE ACT OF EATING IS KEY...YOU CAN DO THIS GUYS AND SO CAN I :bigsmile: !!!!!
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ive been a victim of nightly binge eating as well. Most of my life i've been a big eater, and i still eat at night when i eat perfectly during the day. This roller coaster ride is really getting stale, and i need to change this.
  • buckwheat30us
    buckwheat30us Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :frown: ya i'm a binger also .
    I knew that I couldn't have been alone but I didn't realize how many of us their is
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    One way to counter evening snacking is to avoid activities that have, in the past, been done while eating. Most certainly television viewing goes hand in hand with sitting on the sofa or in bed munching mindlessly. Consider taking up a hobby that involves your hands. I'm an knitter. It is very hard to eat and knit at the same time. I recently took up Zentangle. It is very engaging and relaxing and no way am I going to mess up 140 pound paper and nice ink by getting food on it.
  • special218
    Options
    That's me to the tee! I follow my diet perfect and then i just get completely overwhelmed with the urge to binge only at night!
  • fur_lucks_sake
    Options
    Night time is my favorite time to eat.
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow I am such a binge eater at night. I am trying to drink a cup of tea at night to help stop it. I really need help with this too. I can say sending this post should help me to stay strong. I am going to go to bed early too.
  • hddeuce1966
    Options
    Night time is my favorite time to eat.
    ^^^ Me too!
    I even go work out at the gym JUST so I can eat junk late at night.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am really hardly at step One here. I made fudge too last week so that I can sneak in the freezer anytime, any time. Sometimes knowing that I can, I don't. Stinkin' thinkin' someone called it once. I agree because I do plan sometime to go there and get my chocolate- it is always in the back of my mind that I could. I don't know when it will go away, if it ever will. I am noticing all your tips here. I have the vegys and dip going on. I have my hot tea to start. And I don't eat in front TV anymore. I am not sure about that not have it in the house yet...usually makes me crave it, dream about it, plan to go get it, and feels more intense, than just having it nearby when I want it. I just want to want to not want it? Is that craziness? It is ME to a T. Please give me strength Lord. Not an easy journey here at all, but I am worth it! So are YOU!
  • smilesback
    Options
    Oh for a tip, I started brushing my teeth to tell myself Eating Time is OVER! :sad:
  • karmahead
    karmahead Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have to watch this thread. I never used to evening binge but it started recently. Sometimes I just want to sleep right after dinner so I can avoid eating.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Brushing teeth - good idea!
  • I find that I'm tempted to overeat at every time of the day. I tend to be a quantity eater and have been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables to my diet--some days more successfully than others.

With the change of seasons, I have been craving sugar. I also take medication that makes me crave sweets.

When I'm craving sugar, I try to eat dried fruit--because of its concentrated sweetness. I have to be careful, however, to not eat too much because it's higher in calories.

When I'm craving salt, I try to eat air-popped popcorn. Progressive has a great microwave popper that I use. I add a tablespoon of olive oil instead of butter. I have been using table salt, but I might start using kosher salt.

When I'm craving crunch, I agree, pickles are great.

Drinking water has also been helping me fill up so I'm not as tempted to overeat.

Thank you for your posts.
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a supportive friend. This is by far my biggest weakness, night time binge eating, any and all hours of the night. I have lost 22 lbs and I am very active but I could be so much slimmer if it wasn't for the night time eating.
  • stahlight
    Options
    I do this too. I don't know why, but I just get hungry about an hour or two before up to when I go to bed. My one suggestion for everyone is to try to chug water. Don't like water? perhaps add some mio flavor to it. Or zero cal drinks (although watch the sugar alcohols and artificial stuff). Anyway I read somewhere that the body's hungry and thirsty signs are the same. And her in hot florida, I get a lot of thirst. Anyway my $.02
  • focknfree
    focknfree Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Evening binging has been my problem also. I've now bought fruit and popcorn to snack on in the evening. I'm still struggling with this right now as this is the 5th attempt this year for me to stay on the wagon and actually lose this damn weight. Good luck with getting the veggies and drinking more water to try to keep your mind off of binging.
  • nlb1106
    nlb1106 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stuffing my face in the evening is a problem for me too some days I can get over it but it can take hours to dissuade myself. Glad I'm not the only one who has this trouble. Feel free to add me anyone
  • smilesback
    Options
    HI everybody, I am doing better eating cucumbers before 4 pm. The crunch is keeping me chewing and the water is calming me down. How are you doing? Any tips that work for you that I could use?
  • Annabella116
    Options
    Once I eat something I feel I shouldnt eat.... thats it the BINGE begins. Its such a destructive pattern. And the next day when u wake up you feel worse mentally and physically. I go nuts and will just stuff my face and cant stop...Heaven knows how many calories Ive consumed during a binge...anyone on this post feel free to add me seems we all have the same struggles...
  • jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HELLO FRIENDS...I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU A GREAT MUNCHIE FOR NIGHTS AND THEY ARE SO GOOD AND SWEET...THEY COME IN A BAG AND ARE CALLED SWEET MINI PEPPERS...OMG MY 9 YR OLD SON WILL EAT THE WHOLE BAG...SO I ATE SOME LAST NIGHT...AND OH ARE THEY CRUNCHY....THIS IS SOMETHING I WOULD ALSO LIKE YOU ALL TO TRY....SO I WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS WERE MY EMOTIONAL EATTING COMES FROM...WELL FROM CHILDHOOD BUT RECENTLY IN LAST 3 YEARS....I HAVE LOST 7 FAMILY MEMBERS...AND STILL TILL THIS VERY MOMENT I JUST PICKED MY MOM-IN-LAW WHO LIVES WITH ME UP FROM ER!!!! SHE CAN NOT BE OFF HER 02 FOR 30 SEC IT DROPS TO 70%....LONG STORY SHORT THIS IS A RESULT OF YEARS OF NOT EXCERCISING...SMOKING EVEN THOUGH SHE QUIT YEARS AGO AND ALWAYS HAS ATE PURE CRAP....THERE ARE OTHER ISSUES BUT I WANT TO LIVE A HEALTHY HAPPY LIFE.....I ALSO STAYED SOBER THROUGH IT ALL......AND THIS OXYGEN THING WITH HER JUST HAPPENED OVER A WEEK TIME SHE LITERALLY HAD 98% AND NEVER WAS ON OXYGEN IN HER LIFE....LIFE HAS BEEN SO CRAZY FOR ME AND MY FAMILY EMOTIONALLY PHYSICALLY SPIRITUALLY....BUT I REFUSE TO BE THE ONE IN BED DEPRESSED THAT ARE FAMILY IS GOING THROUGH THIS AND DWELL OVER IT...IVE DONE THAT...BLAH BLAH BLAH...JUST NEEDED YOU GUYS TO KNOW...EATTING SITUATIONS COME FROM SOMETHING MUCH BIGGER JUST LIKE ALCOHALISM...THERE IS A ROOT TO ALL THESE THINGS BUT YOU HAVE TO FIND IT AND WORK HARD TO PULL IT OUT...:heart: