Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones

Options
So, I was on youtube today and looking at this dvd. Anyone have success with it? I got a knee injury from 30 day shred because of the jumping around but this looks easier on the joints but really hard. Success can be measured in weight loss/muscle, endurance, anything. Just wondering what real people thought of it instead of the shmucks on amazon. :) Thanks!

Replies

• Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've done it and really liked it. It's definitely a tough workout that had me dripping with sweat and it got me interested in lifting.
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to hear! Did you use 3lb weights or anything heavier? And how often did you do it a week?
  • JenStar618
    JenStar618 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started this DVD last week and I love it because it's an *kitten* kicker with zero cardio (cept in the warm up)!! Her cardio is tough on my knees as well, so I just stick with the eilliptical for that. Definitely one of my favorite one of her DVDs! :-)
  • Brunette122
    Options
    that is music to my ears. im so doing this tomorrow! thanks guys! :)
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have this DVD, but haven't tried it yet. I need to though. From the previews I saw, it looks like it'll be good.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I've heard its the best one. You can't go wrong with Jillian, really its sure to work. I'm doing ripped in 30 again now but I'm going to do NMTZ early next year.
  • mrzdew
    mrzdew Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Do it you will love it ! If you like Jillian's style of course! I definitely saw results and and as it got easier increased the hand weight to make it challenging again. If you lift already 3 pounds might be too easy but if this is the first time you have done a work out holding weights 3 pounds will be more the enough and will feel like a million pounds by the time you are finished! And besides lunges and squats it's easy on you knees! GOOD LUCK!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I do this DVD but not everyday, maybe once a week now or twice. Sometimes I'll just do triceps or core if I'm short on time. It's very good and I like the "old fashioned" calisthenics" she does at the end...I remember those in my Jane Fonda days...they were effective.

My only small complaint with those, is you might need to do more reps of the legs than once on each side to get maximum results but you can do those on your own anytime.

I also like her Burn Fat Boost Metabolism as a compliment to it, no strength but a great workout.
  • Brunette122
    Options
    Now I'm really excited to try it out. I am going to try to do it today after work. Expect an update :)
  • samanthacohoe
    Options
    I do it a couple of times a week and even after a couple months it's still tough. I use 5 pound weights. I think it's a great way to get a total body strength work-out, but I'm starting to think I need a more progressive work-out at this point.
  • Brunette122
    Options
    Update- I got through 25 minutes of it two days ago, I had to stop because I felt sick. I haven't been able to work out since because I am so sore! This is a good thing though because its obvious that my muscles need a work out. Will get back into it once my muscles feel better. :)