What kinds of foods does everyone eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Mostly all kinds of vegetables, lots of types of fruit, raw nuts and seeds, all sorts of legumes, tofu, brown rice, potatoes, quinoa, stuff like that. A very small bit of cheese or eggs or breads or dried fruits like dates and raisins. And I cook most of what I eat. I try to avoid too much sodium and fats.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL the foods I like. Usually cereal for breakfast, a chocolate and peanut butter protein shake mid morning, sometimes a mandarin chicken breast salad or tomato tortellini soup for lunch, Subway for dinner if I'm working, home cooked meal if I'm not. I have ice cream everyday, sometimes with another treats and snack as well. I get plenty of lean protein, healthy fats and fiber and am at a moderate deficit. It is a sustainable plan for me. I've lost 124lbs in 16 months using this method, and I don't foresee any problems going forward into maintenance because I never feel deprived.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    Leafy greens, all kinds of fish, cucumbers carrots all kinds of veg beautiful colors
    Ginger lemon wasabi sushi sashimi
    Plain greek yogurt blueberries raspberries pink grapefruit apricots seasonal yum fruit
    Dark chocolate more chocolate
    Kombucha tea of all sorts decaf coffee seltzer waters
    Hmmm what else?
    Anybody eat similar?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm big on those little tins of flavoured tuna, you have to watch the ones in oil (fat content) but my kitchen is full of the others. Lob some of those in with some sweetcorn, maybe some greenery if I'm pretending to be healthy and I am happy.

I don't restrict anything, I try to get my share of protein in and fill in the rest of the allocation with whatever takes my fancy.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi, just wondering what kinds of foods everyone eats on here. I am a very picky eater unfortunately, and find it very tough to find good foods to eat that are actually healthy for me. Pasta, bread and pizza are my favorites, and since joining MFP last week, I have done a great job really not eating them too much. Over the past week, I've mainly been eating salad but hope I don't get sick of eating it all the time.

I don't eat all that much pasta, but bread I eat every day. I have found a better type then I ate before, but then that is true for most of the things I eat

Now the list of things I don't eat includes any kind of lettuce, peppers and spice food.
  • sklebar
    sklebar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think a lot of people on MFP eat a lot of processed crap, especially the American diaries that I see. It's sad to see so much trans fats out there. I cook a lot. And you can eat cheaply and tastily doing that. I cook my own flatbreads and naan breads to keep calories down. I eat organic, wholemeal bread, which I bake myself. Every single meal, I have veg or fruit. That way I hit 8 to 10 veg/fruit portions a day. I have scrambled eggs with onion and mushrooms, two slices of wholemeal organic toast with laughing cow triangles. I eat steamed broccoli and spinach with a small turkey sandwich on the side. For dinners, I cook healthy stuff like lebanese chicken skewers, grilled veg and my own flatbreads (takes 3 minutes to make) or the hairy bikers spanish chicken bake with chorizo and veg/potatoes or a thai green chicken soup or a nice home-cooked chilli with lean beef steak. I also do things like turkish koftes or my own focaccia bread pizzas with low-fat cheese, plenty of veg and decent meats or chicken. The world is your oyster and if you know how to cook, man oh man, you have a great diet, lots to look forward to and you save a heck of a lot of money.
  • eswan77
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies! I saw some very interesting food choices that I will definitely try. I used to eat a lot of processed foods, but am definitely trying to steer away from that. I would like to eat more fruits & veggies. Luckily, I haven't had any cravings yet. I've pretty much been eating whatever, but absolutely eating them in the right portion sizes. Exercising a lot has given me a big boost too! GLTA!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, fruits, veggies (cucumbers!!), cottage cheese, honey (with my tea and when I make the occasional almond butter sandwich), turkey or ham or chicken deli meats, chicken breast, fish, soups (chicken with rice and chicken noodle from Healthy Choice are my favorites, they come in microwaveable bowls, too!), spinach and other leafy lettuce-y things, chocolate, McDonald's snack wraps and sometimes even a cheeseburger (mm!), prunes, almonds, ice cream, bread, ramen (in a pinch, or if I plan it), and basically whatever I want that I haven't listed.

I drink a lot of tea and water.

I use cinnamon, cayenne pepper, black pepper, olive oil, and sea salt as my primary seasonings.