Any way to fade stretch marks?

Options
2»

Replies

• THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Neutragena oil with cocoa butter, shea and vitamin e.. and time of course. They won't go away completely but they will fade.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I also agree with time! I think some people scar better then others too, genetics and complexion. My youngest is 6 and mine are finally faded to the point that you can't see them unless you are up close and looking for them. I have some really deep grooves going on, and unless i am feeling around for them, I can't see them.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah, and time. Disregard the blah.

I appreciate the fact that some people will feel better if they rub stuff on themselves. They have a problem and they feel better if they think they are doing something about it.

The reality is that rubbing stuff of the outside of the skin will not cure damage that has happened under the outer layer.
  • linzchapates
    Options
    Time! took 5 years for my pregnancy stretch marks to fade. They were bad- real bad, but now they're clear, my skin just looks textured because of them.
  • feadzy
    feadzy Posts: 22
    Options
    When I was in 'Fat Camp' (don't know to the corect term [something like a medicinical health resort]) when I was younger, one of the therapys was to dry brush your body for about 10 min with a body-massaging-brush to increase the bloodflow.
    Besides other health benefits it also helped to fade stretch marks after a couple weeks. Can't promise anything, but it worked for me back then and it sure will not hurt you.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I have found the only thing that reduces mine is Cussons Mum and me stretch mark fader, but it only works while using it. That being said, it did affect the look of my stretch marks quickly (about 1/3 faded in 3 weeks) but when I stopped with it, the red came back. If you want something that works quickly, be prepared to keep using it until the damage deep in the skin heals (years)
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    I have found the only thing that reduces mine is Cussons Mum and me stretch mark fader, but it only works while using it. That being said, it did affect the look of my stretch marks quickly (about 1/3 faded in 3 weeks) but when I stopped with it, the red came back. If you want something that works quickly, be prepared to keep using it until the damage deep in the skin heals (years)

You say Cussons was the only thing that worked.

What other products did you use? How long did you try them for?

How is something that works quickly a product that we have to use for years?

Don't be dim, sisters.
  • livingfree44
    livingfree44 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil...mixed with almond oil...keep in fridge as it liquefies....a natural cheap alternative that lasts a long time.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Gawd. I give up.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I wonder why some stretch marks are light (like mine) and some are dark?
    Because some areold and some are new
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Bio oil. Without a doubt. Smells a bit foul but works.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Scar Away silicone patches placed over the stretch mark will help the color fade more quickly. It holds in the body's natural oils and moisture and lets your body do the work to heal.

I'm a scarred up mess after surgeries, and they took away all redness. I ended up trying them on a stretch mark on my boob, and it faded to very light within a couple weeks. It had been red for a couple years.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can try using bio oil, but from my experience of having 2 kids I still have my stretch marks. Not as red but still noticeable.