To fitbit or not to fitbit?

Options
13»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    One of my unhappy expenditures. I really dislike that it subtracts exercise calories, which usually happens AFTER I've eaten them. You shouldn't have to hold back a couple hundred calories because it does this.

Huh?
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    To Fitbit.... You betcha.... I have a One and am lost without it.
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    For example, tonight I had 4100 steps and wanted to get over 5000 for my personal daily goal. What did I do? Instead of sitting in front of the TV, I went outside at 9:30 p.m. and walked until it got over 5000. I'm ready to move on up and set my step count higher. This little gadget has made a big difference with my weight loss, but an even bigger one with my fitness level.

This is what I do too. Makes you do something
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    One of my unhappy expenditures. I really dislike that it subtracts exercise calories, which usually happens AFTER I've eaten them. You shouldn't have to hold back a couple hundred calories because it does this.
    Set your activity level lower.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Another fitbit person, i like it for the NEAT and it clearly shows me to move my butt.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    "Eta: just so you know (and this is why mine is in a drawer somewhere) my fit it showed my TDEE within 20 calories of 99% of calculators online on non workout days. So.... Just sayin."

All these devices use the same averages that free online trackers do for your RMR. Where they add benefit is they give you a smarter look at how much activity you have in a day, above RMR. For people who just have RMR (100% sedentary) and a 'workout' (untracked activity like weights), it won't do much at all for you. If you walk the dog, clean house, chase kids, shop, move at your job, etc, that's where their improved estimate can really help.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a flex....my health insurance paid for half. Even if I am not trlacking my eating I am tracking my steps. After a week I feel guilty and the scale will tell me so. Keeps me on track. Very small easy to wear.
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So much amazing information! Thanks to all - this really is fantastic feedback (both the good and the bad!) - it is hard to tell these days if online reviews are "real" people or just marketing. lol. You guys are the best!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sburns12066
    sburns12066 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip and I absolutely love it!! It is a motivator to get you up and walking, I try to be over 10000 steps everyday. (it is hard though because I have a desk job and I am sedentary for a lot of the day). I also like the Zip because you can clip it anywhere on your clothing, so people don't even see it!