32lbs down, I'm halfway there! Story w/pics

Options
I started my weight loss journey October of 2012, 1 month after the birth of my second child. I had them a year apart so my body never had chance to recover or to shrink back a bit. I gained 80lbs between both pregnancies. I felt like a whale. I started off walking 1 hour a day with mild weight lifting and eating healthy. Come January I had only managed to lose 5-10lbs. I was feeling discouraged, like I would never get anywhere and that this seemed impossible. I tried almost every weight loss DVD out there from the 30 day shred, insanity, and turbo fire. They all helped tone me up a bit, but between all those, I only lost 10lbs in the matter of 3 months. I worked my *kitten* off almost everyday to try and lose weight and eat healthy, stay on track and not lose focus.

vg6d8k.jpg

By July I had managed to lose 15lbs, since I started, not much of a difference but I was slowly getting there. By this time I was desperate for anything. I went on a water fast for 10 days. Was pretty difficult but I made it through with flying colors. I lost 7lbs. It gave me a kick in the *kitten*, I had more energy, I enjoyed working out more, I didn't crave junk food as much as I usually did I was well on my way to getting healthier.

In august I had a set routine. I woke up early. I did 45 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of strength and calesthetics, 30 minutes of zumba, and I ate as much raw and unprocessed foods as I could. I was at my 2nd goal weight of 175lbs. Not long after that I was having abdominal pains that would flare up now and again from mild to agonizing pain and was in and out of the hospital for about a month until they found out my gallbladder was a sack of marbles basically and had to get it removed. After a week in the hospital and lots of thinking time I decided I needed to really start taking care of myself. I was so mad and shameful at myself for letting my body get so bad for all the overeating, over processed ****ty foods, that now I can't even cheat because if I eat certain foods with a high fat percentage I get really sick.

296eq04.jpg

Today I weigh 164 lbs. I've lost roughly 13" off my whole entire body since I started. I went from maternity pants (that were the only jeans I could fit into..) to a size 14. to a size 10. WOW. I have so much confidence now that everyday just keeps getting better :) I can't wait till I reach my goal weight, but I know I'll keep my lifestyle for the rest of my life. Exercise daily, eat healthy, and just take care of myself :)

Replies

• mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey October of 2012, 1 month after the birth of my second child. I had them a year apart so my body never had chance to recover or to shrink back a bit. I gained 80lbs between both pregnancies. I felt like a whale. I started off walking 1 hour a day with mild weight lifting and eating healthy. Come January I had only managed to lose 5-10lbs. I was feeling discouraged, like I would never get anywhere and that this seemed impossible. I tried almost every weight loss DVD out there from the 30 day shred, insanity, and turbo fire. They all helped tone me up a bit, but between all those, I only lost 10lbs in the matter of 3 months. I worked my *kitten* off almost everyday to try and lose weight and eat healthy, stay on track and not lose focus.

vg6d8k.jpg
    By July I had managed to lose 15lbs, since I started, not much of a difference but I was slowly getting there. By this time I was desperate for anything. I went on a water fast for 10 days. Was pretty difficult but I made it through with flying colors. I lost 7lbs. It gave me a kick in the *kitten*, I had more energy, I enjoyed working out more, I didn't crave junk food as much as I usually did I was well on my way to getting healthier.

In august I had a set routine. I woke up early. I did 45 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of strength and calesthetics, 30 minutes of zumba, and I ate as much raw and unprocessed foods as I could. I was at my 2nd goal weight of 175lbs. Not long after that I was having abdominal pains that would flare up now and again from mild to agonizing pain and was in and out of the hospital for about a month until they found out my gallbladder was a sack of marbles basically and had to get it removed. After a week in the hospital and lots of thinking time I decided I needed to really start taking care of myself. I was so mad and shameful at myself for letting my body get so bad for all the overeating, over processed ****ty foods, that now I can't even cheat because if I eat certain foods with a high fat percentage I get really sick.

296eq04.jpg

Today I weigh 164 lbs. I've lost roughly 13" off my whole entire body since I started. I went from maternity pants (that were the only jeans I could fit into..) to a size 14. to a size 10. WOW. I have so much confidence now that everyday just keeps getting better :) I can't wait till I reach my goal weight, but I know I'll keep my lifestyle for the rest of my life. Exercise daily, eat healthy, and just take care of myself :)

EXCELLENT JOB! My story is similar to your with out the gall bladder problem (sorry for that) I hope I can add mine here soon Again EXCELLENT job!

fixed the pics for you 'img' should be lowercase with [ ] brackets around it the last 'img' should look like this [/img]
  • AnnElizabeth11
    Options
    thank you! haha yeah it took some fiddling around finally got it..
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    thank you! haha yeah it took some fiddling around finally got it..

youre welcome!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congratulations! That's a lot of hard work and perseverance and you have great results to show for it...well done!!
  • Tatiana269
    Tatiana269 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! Keep up the great work!
  • missjsmne
    missjsmne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration to me -:smile: I'm working on losing the baby weight!
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Remarkable, keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!